[LibGDX] eThlete

After over 4 years of reading about WIP-Projects on this forum, I am finally ready to show one of my own “creations”:

The Game
As the title suggests, it is called eThlete, which is a combination of eSports and Athlete 8).
It is a 2D sports game, inspired by Hyper Olympics and similar games.
It is written in Java with LibGDX.
It can theoretically be played with any number of players and up to 4 players in split-screen mode.
There are currently 3 disciplines:

• 100m dash: Smash a button as fast as you can, to gain speed and reach the finish line before your friends (split-screen supported).
  • Long Jump: Run as fast as possible and hold the Jump-button to increase the jump-angle. Release it at the right time, to jump as far as possible (no split screen).
  • 110m hurdles: Run as fast as possible and press the Jump-button at the right moment to jump over the hurdles. If you hit a hurdle, your speed will decrease (split-screen supported).
  • High Jump: Run as fast as possible and hold the Jump-button to increase the jump-angle. Release it to jump and press it again to start the rotation and try not to hit the bar (no split screen).
  • 800: Try to find a balance between speed and energy and reach the 800m as fast as possible (split-screen supported).

Disciplines that I have planed:

• [Done]100m dash
  • [Done]Long jump
  • [Done]110m hurdles
  • [Done]High Jump
  • Hammer Throw
  • Tripple jump
  • [Done]800m
  • Javelin throw
  • Marathon ;D

I hope to add even more disciplines and I will continue to update this list.

Depending on the device, you can use the Keyboard, Controllers or Touch-Input to control your athlete.
The Keyboard and Controller-Input is customizable but there are default configs for the following types:

• Keyboard 1 -> Momentum: [ Space ], Jump: [ LCTRL ]
  • Keyboard 2 -> Momentum: [ NUM0 ], Jump: [ RCTRL ]
  • XBox Controller -> Momentum: [ A ], Jump: [ X ]
  • OUYA -> Momentum: [ O ], Jump: [ U ]

The touch-controlls can only be flipped, by default [Momentum] is on the left screen-part, [Jump] on the right.
For 100m-Dash the whole screen is [Momentum], since jumping is not needed.

UI
The UI is made with LibGDXs Scene2DUI and the VisUI extension.
The UI-Skin is the default one from VisUI, but I replaced the default-font with Googles Roboto.
The Game-Textures are made by myself using GIMP. I did not spent much time on them and as I am not an artist, they look really bad.
However, they should suffice for placeholders and I hope to find some real art somewhere out there :slight_smile:

If you want to try it out, you can find a the up-to-data JAR-Files and APKs here

Any feedback is very welcome!

Thanks for reading :slight_smile: