[LibGdx]Dawn of Tanks

Hello ;D
I just finished my android game Dawn of Tanks. It’s a game in which two players can controll tanks to fight each other on one phone. The players fight on different maps and can collect a variety of weapons. There’s also a singleplayer mode, but the AI isn’t fully finished yet because the game is more focused on the PVP mode.
The game is using LibGDX as a framework and box2dlights for the lights and shadows. I would love to get some feedback. :slight_smile:

Dawn of Tanks is availible on the play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sieuro8mig.tank.android

Post a video.

Why? Just download it if you want to try it out

Because not everyone has an android or an emulator.

Yes your right. Here’s a video of it, pleas excuse the poor quality :slight_smile:

imNGEzDc0ss

What I do not like:

• How long the bullets last
  • Crampness that is made when tanks spawn next to each other
  • Rate of fire
  • Amount of bullets
  • Non-customizable tank or bullet
  • The colors didn’t match up to the tanks and you didn’t know which tank you were instantaneously

What I do like:

• Graphics - they are beautiful and will draw many, many people
  • Smoothness of the tanks, it doesn’t feel choppy
  • The darkness
  • Most maps

What I wonder:

• Instead of just darkness, what about a strobe light?
  • Was there powerups…?
  • What pickups would do to this (thinking of bomberman here)
  • Actual tank movements (have to turn around) would do to game play (thinking of my not likes about bullets)
  • There a limit to what two can play to?

Minor suggestion: Add the tank sprite to the 1 player 2 player select menu, being the tanks are colored accordingly. I dunno.

Thank you for the feedback
The colors do match up, the green stick and button control the green tank and the red ones the red tank. The powerups which I mentioned are the blue circles, which spawn randomly on the map, the darkness is one of them. There are two more, one gives you speed and the other lets you shoot two lightning-shooting bullets.

The problem with the powerups is that they have an initial spawn delay. That means if the players die before the delay is over, powerups won’t spawn. I will try how it plays with a decreased amount of bullets and a smaller powerup delay.

I’m color blind :point:

Oh well then its really difficult to see which tank correspond to which controls :slight_smile: