Legend of Zelda 4K [NES] [Work In Progress]

http://meatfighter.com/java4k2011/legendofzelda4k/

Click here to view the ending (spoiler alert).

Wow!

It is very good to get all this into 4k I think.

Some suggestions:

• The more continuous control of Link (or JLink perhaps) is sometimes annoying when you move in corridors. You can assist the player by adding a slight movement towards the closest opening, if it is close enough.
  • Try to replace some of the dark cave parts with some block-pushing puzzles and moving obstacles that give damage. It will be even more fun then!

Well done!

Wow, you’ve packed quite a bit in there. I spent a fair bit of time at the start running around swordless, but spotted it eventually. May I suggest that a reworking of the brown impassible territory tile image would improve the look.

All the best
Alan

(Incidentally how many 4k games have you produced now? :D)

Blasphemy! That’s the standard “boulder” tile in Zelda 1! :slight_smile:

At least, that’s what I assumed they were as a child. They certainly aren’t the clearest. They always somewhat resembled a snail to me…

Very cool. Though couldn’t find where the 2nd key was hiding.

[quote]Very cool. Though couldn’t find where the 2nd key was hiding.
[/quote]
Hint: The second key is located beyond the first locked gate. You don’t need the candle to find it. Study the boulders. They’ll point you in the right direction.

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Ha, I also got stuck at the 2nd gate. I looked around a little but gave up. Played through again to the end, love it! Wish there was a boss at the end, but it’s amazing to fit in 4k!

[quote]Ha, I also got stuck at the 2nd gate. I looked around a little but gave up. Played through again to the end, love it! Wish there was a boss at the end, but it’s amazing to fit in 4k!
[/quote]
THANKS LINK. YOU'RE THE HERO OF HYRULE. FINALLY, PEACE RETURNS TO HYRULE. THIS ENDS THE STORY. STAFF...

Well done!

Wow, this is awesome!