Legend of Waffles!

Man this thing is going to fight me tooth and nail… I’ll test on my wife’s phone tonight and figure out why it’s doing this.

Testing secondary background layer – not going to be used here though as it makes things too busy. It will be in other places :slight_smile:

Adjusted Y offset of camera:

Still working on updates. I’m not releasing this weekend as I’m concentrating on adding content and getting the first bits of the actual game together.

New update video.

6Pi5E6KM-Gg

My artists did some tweaking to the tileset, making things look a bit cleaner :slight_smile:

And here’s the profiler output from 5 minutes of actual gameplay:

Going full retro now :smiley:
The only thing is I’m starting to wonder if I should continue in java or not due to all this hoopla about 0 day exploits and the massive FUD the media is sending out…

If it’s desktop, just ship a private JRE with the game and don’t tell people it’s Java.

Haha, didn’t know you could do that but I’m not surprised. I’m sure eventually it’l blow over – by the time my game is released anyway :smiley:

New video!

uNNiZcaIh4M

Here’s a post of my level designs. Anyone have questions/comments on it? This is about 20% sized of course so you can see a large area. Elements such as doors, npcs, and platforms (hinted by the rails) are not visible as the object layer would also show all the collision rects and be generally nasty to see :smiley:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8852/startingarea.png