labyrinth4k

Hello everybody, it have been great fun to try all 4k competition entries. I’ve been waiting for material from a customer today so I took the opportunity to hack together a 4k game my-self. I find it pretty lame compared to some of the entries, but here it is anyway.

Webstart:
http://www.enormousgames.com/subsites/labyrinth4k/labyrinth4k.jnlp

Jar:
http://www.enormousgames.com/subsites/labyrinth4k/labyrinth4k.jar
java -cp labyrinth4k.jar L

Instructions:
Move the white square to the pink. The walls is dangerous. Press Ctrl to move the white square slower.

I use the Robot class to keep the mouse pointer centered on the game window. Therefore the Jar webstart uses is signed and bigger then 4k, the other Jar is 4092 bytes though. Does anybody know of another way to keep the mouse focused on the game window? ???

Superb playability! Got level 6 then got scuppered.

Colours are a bit dark for my tastes, but then I like garish.

Kev

Yeah, I tested it on my Linuxbox now, and it was pretty dark there too… New version up with a bit brighter colors. :slight_smile:

The white dot jumps around alot (even if I don’t move the mouse at all), which made it pretty hard to control.

Well, the idea is great. How many levels are there? :slight_smile:

Nice to see an old idea get a really good revamp! Great idea. Only thing I might want to have is a “Ctrl-lock”. After level 5 I was using slow move the whole time, so it could be nice to just toggle it insted of pressing Ctrl the whole time. Just a minor thing.

Managed to get to lvl 10 before I gave up.

Garish, is that some sort of vegetable :wink:

Ah ha! Ctrl slows you down…

Must … learn … to … read … instructions.

GARISH

Kev

oNyx: you don’t happen to be running osX? I friend on osX got the same problem, don’t know if it has something to do with the Robot class not being fully implemented in the osX vm, I have some vauge memory of that. There are also green squares that makes the dot jump around, you didn’t stand on one of them? 8)

There are 10 levels so you were pretty close jojoh :slight_smile: as for your “Ctrl-lock”-request I’ll look into that, there’s not many free bytes right now, but I haven’t tried to bring down the size of the code yet that mutch either.

#002800 looks pretty much like black here. (It’s 16% brightness)

Brilliant stuff again!

Cas :slight_smile:

I got to level 10 without ever using Ctrl, but even with using it I couldn’t beat level 10. I spent at least 10 minutes on that level and can’t get through it. I love the game though!

oNyx: OK, still too dark colors then.

princec: thanks

Malohkan: Hehe since level 10 is the last level I made it really hard ;D

This and Zog’s are both absolute gems of game design. Please come and join Puppygames!!

Cas :slight_smile:

Stellar!

I’d play more but I need to get some lunch in me, get back to work, and still look at the other 4k submissions. :slight_smile:

Dr. A>