Kick 4K

Weekend is here and it should be time for some more gaming. Here is a start of a 4K game. I feel that something more should be added, but I think it would qualify as a complete game already. This is also one of the few (only?) 4K game(s) that has some in-game music! When I was starting it with webstart I just realized that I have to have rights and do all this signing bogus… Gah… Just to use sound… :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well, so right now no sound from webstarted, but if you dl the jar you’ll get music! 8) All credit for that goes to Wildcat of Scania. There is still room for improvement, lemmi hear what you’d like. I should probably splurge on a nicer font, but then some more bonus things. Hmmm

http://valhallawebdesign.com/Joakim/Java/4K/Kick

Very fun to play. I’d like more stuff to click around the screen like the multipliers.

I kinda hate to say this but… I really don’t like the sound :slight_smile:

[quote]Very fun to play. I’d like more stuff to click around the screen like the multipliers.
[/quote]
Glad you liked it. Yep, I guess that should be possible. Was thinking about be able to “unlock” a basketball hoop or something like that, or maybe make it more like a pinballish game… Coded a bit on the other games while waiting for inspiration :slight_smile:

[quote]I kinda hate to say this but… I really don’t like the sound :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Hmmm yeah… Well, was only aiming for having any music in there. You can always use the no sound webstart :slight_smile:

Or perhaps a second ball. Harder to manage, but if you lose one, the game’s not over! :slight_smile:

Nice start, it’s kind of fun to play!

I have two suggestions for improvements:

• Sometimes the ball goes up high so that it isn’t possible to see it, making it next to impossible to hit it on its way down. In those situations it would be nice if you zoomed out, making the ball visible again (but smaller, and you would have to scale the rectangular shapes to. But in their case you could skip the text when they are zoomed out).
  • Have a sound when you hit the ball, and another when you miss it. If you hit the ball many times in a row the sound could indicate that as well.

I like the music! Kinda reminds me of MegaMan! :smiley: