jValues - object oriented java values

Some time ago I opensourced jValues library that I use on a daily basis and forgot to share it here.

It is a library providing object oriented representations for primitive values like Float, Int and compound values like Vector, Frame (Aabb), Quad (4 Vectors), etc. Each value have mutable, immutable and readable interface. For example float can be represented via mutable FloatV interface, immutable (const) FloatC interface or readable FloatG that is supertype of FloatC and FloatV (you can read it but have no guarantee it’s immutable).

It provides most common methods that can be invoked on values it can represent.

Tutorial available at https://github.com/mikosik/jvalues provides simple examples and explains everything nicely.

I get what this lib does, but why?

First! ;D

Just kidding, I wasn’t the Idea is not mine, just saying.
I mostly got the Ideas from this blog post and it’s second part.

I’m not quite sure what you are asking about?
Why I needed that lib? - There are examples in the tutorial.
Could you be more specific?

Wait a minute, I published my project in January 2013… ;D

but seriously you have a few nice features like updating data from file. I’ll take a closer look later, I’m not scala literate.

Oops, read “2014” :confused: well :smiley:

Thanks! :slight_smile: The FileProperty is the property I’m proud of the most :wink:

Ok sry, didn’t read till the end.

Yeah this concept is quite nice, and I’m also experimenting with functional game programming so this kind of things is quite usefull.

There are also these two nice libs which might interested you two:

readme.md[quote]We can simply multiply it by 3 this way:

radius.mul(2)

[/quote]
… rocked my world …

… rocked my world …
[/quote]
Fixed. Thanks for pointing out.

Looks very interesting.
I tried to learn more but the problem is that despite RxJava is a java library, all examples on their wiki are in scala language. (for example https://github.com/Netflix/RxJava/wiki/Creating-Observables)
Are you able to point to some examples in pure java? or some opensource project using it?

Here’s some code from my ArchType overview which uses proxies to implement dynamically typed prototype based variable extensions for some predefined set of types.

There are tons of variants on the same theme.