Judging panel results!

What I could suggest is for 4k game makers to test the UI on one or two persons before releasing. Stand next to them and tell them to try out the game, and then just watch them, note down what you see they’re having difficulty with. Also, tell them to describe to you what they’re doing while they’re doing it, what they’re thinking about doing and if they’re having problem with. Shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to do this, and you’ll squash over 90% of usability issues. You can do this at school or work, or even home.

Btw. the bridge icon thingy wasn’t at all a big issue for me, beause even though it wasn’t easily understood I could deductively realize it was the bridge because no other icons were the bridge, and other icons were readable.

I was pretty sure I encountered a bug because I had absolutely all my units still alive and none of them would build a bridge of any kind. But I could be wrong.

Now I’m really curious for the results, but the site is offline :’(

Great job with the little scientists, it was great! ;D Also, big thank you to the judges and everyone playing these games!

Yea, sorry about the site. I got a new fiber connection on friday and they apparently forgot to give me a static ip. But I’ve already requisitioned them for a new static ip so the site should hopefully be up today or tomorrow. Would have been up earlier, but May 1st is a national day-off here.

If your router supports it, you could use DynDNS and then use that as your www cname. But then the A host would still not work :confused:

Great, thanks for the update, and thanks for going through the effort :slight_smile:

It’s up again. Should be much more stable and faster now.

Smooth like a baby’s bottom here. Nice to read all the reviews, the’re spot-on ;D