Judging panel results!

Available on the little site we all love ;D

http://java4k.com/

I just want to add that I got pleasantly surprised by the quality and immensity (yes that’s a word) of the games this year, I know I say that every year :wink: but this time around there were many competing games for the top. I enjoyed playing them and a few really deserve a full implementation, especially the favorite of the judges :slight_smile: Once again 4k proves itself a good game prototyping contest.

Community and judging panel almost agree on the top 10 games, maybe not the absolute order but it’s clear that community voting proves itself as a pretty accurate tool.

Wow quite different results from the community voting!

Quite funny how demonpants gave the highest scores while pjt33 gave the lowest ;D

Also I was sad to see Bubo4K all the way down there due to Drabiter not rating his own game! That 0% made his score plummet :’(

Oh and you forgot to add 2012 to the “results” page :slight_smile:

nice, a lot closer to what I’d have picked compared to the community results.

Oh yes, big applause to the judges, pjt33, drabiter and Demonpants. It’s a tough job going through so many games and giving them a fair shake. :slight_smile:

Wow, 1st place, really? I didn’t expect this at all, I’m glad you liked my game, thanks!

Indeed I felt like The Little Scientist might be a good start for a real game… If I find the time maybe I’ll start making a mobile app out of it, who knows :slight_smile:

Anyway thank you Appel for setting up this contest, I learned a lot of things by taking part to it. See you next year :wink:

Congratulations :slight_smile:

If you go through all the winning games in the past java4k contests, then you’ll realize all of them have one thing in common, the potential of being a full game. 4k is great for prototyping games, and as a judge what I love the most is seeing potential, my imagination takes off and I have all sorts of ideas for the game.

That said I’m pleased you were #1, and I hope you try to think about what you can do next :slight_smile:

I for one feel it was a well deserved victory, jimeowan :slight_smile:

Great work, judges! Lots of games to go through - you did well!

I’m also surprised and pleased by the reviews on my entry.

Next contest will be the 10th, X. A whole whopping decade of 4k delight. Maybe we should do something special for the grand anniversary contest.

A big THANK YOU to the judges, and especially to Appel, for their hard work.

Congratulations to jimeowan - The Little Scientist was an excellent and deserving winner!

Thanks for all the time the judges invested to review ALL submissions.

Also gives me good feedback for my games on what to improve.

Congratulations, jimeowan ! The Little Scientist had all the qualities to get this first place. I was very impressed by the investment from our judges to review all our games - and they even didn’t get paid for that ! I was also impressed by the number of top technical quality, innovative and especially non violent games, all made in 4 Kb. My own not included ! I don’t know if it really deserved it, but I was surprised and glad to discover how it was rated.

And of course some special thanks to appel for organizing flawlessly the contest once more. Count on my participation for the 10th edition.

Awesome… I got community rating, judges rating, 4 different reviews… It is dreamland of game’s feedback :slight_smile: Thanks.

But as they say, offer a finger and they will take a whole arm, so, I would like to propose an addition of community vote points breakthrough (how many people voted 5, how many voted 1). This would be benefitial in order to determine if your game was mediocre (a lot of people giving 1-3) or niche (a few people but giving 4-5). It could be added as a link when clicking the currently existing score number.

I give big applause to jimeowan for his little scientist!

I’ve been following java4k for 2 years. In past I neither submitting or what, just came to play around with the games. Yes I agree with appel that this year is awesome, thanks to you guys! 8)

In term of score, mine and demonpants’s are really (almost) identic. Pjt33’s reviews are really interesting. They’re long and very detailed. And funny. I see how he feared when my entry was going to break his speaker from the review. Among reviews, those mine are the shortest as you see. I might lazy sometimes but my biggest concern is grammar. English is my third language and I don’t want my reviews looks too bad.

Thanks for your attention :wink: I know the risk when I applied for judge position, although it’s hard to since it’s my first entry. I did give community voting to myself, and it was 2 points in selfishly way.

FYI, that “drabiter” guy is me. “Rebirth” as username is too mainstream I think.

It seems there is a small bug on the 2012 JUDGING PANEL WINNERS at http://www.java4k.com/. Some games are not well sorted on their score :

Place #1 with 96.3% score
Place #2 with 93.3% score
Place #3 with 91.7% score
Place #4 with 90.8% score
Place #5 with 91.4% score
Place #6 with 91.7% score
Place #7 with 89.2% score
Place #8 with 86.6% score
Place #9 with 85.3% score
Place #10 with 86.8% score

I demand a recount. :-*

In Soviet Russia, game rates you! :emo:

Only in front page, on table they’re right. Hope appel fix it asap.

The problem is that if there are two different listings, you don’t know which is right.

Thanks to all the judges! This was great fun and I can’t wait till next year :slight_smile:

Yea, sorry about the mis-ordering on the front page. The page with the entire score table is the correct one. Strange though, the front page listing uses the same service to retrieve the scores as the score table page. :confused: Will fix when I figure out what’s wrong… bad php!

FIXED!