Judging panel, and other arrangements

The arrangement of this years contest will be nearly the same as last years. I think it worked out great last time. That is, a judging panel and a community voting.

This years judging panel will consist of:

• appel (Arni Arent)
  • princec (Cas)
  • kappaOne
  • Riven

Judges can submit games to the contest, but that game will be excluded from the judging panel review, and it will only be voted on in the community voting.

Judging panel results and community voting results are separate, and the results are not merged to produce an “overall winner”.

The target JRE is 1.6. And it will be applets only, no webstart. In other words, very similar as last time.

Just to be clear: pack200 is a go this year?

Yes.

cool thing about having 1.6 as the minimum target is that pack200 can be used without requiring any of the server side stuff, using the following parameter in the applet tag

[quote]cool thing about having 1.6 as the minimum target is that pack200 can be used without requiring any of the server side stuff, using the following parameter in the applet tag

[/quote] The Java 1.6 plugin for Mac OS X does not appear to support pack200 even with this parameter. We still may want to consider distributing a non-compressed jar along with the pack200 version.

[quote=“kapta,post:4,topic:35932”]
I’ve never managed to get this to work locally :frowning: It’s a real pain for testing. The test links on Riven’s crusher won’t work for me either :frowning: :frowning:

Alas, my reviews last year didn’t shape up well? No matter, I couldn’t have done it this year as well.

Looking forward to some scathing reviews from Riven. :wink:

Awww! I can be cute and lovely.

I’m probably going to read through the reviews from last years, and determine some baseline from it. Or not. Whatever I do, be prepared to read poetry.

I’m going to write an algorithmic reviewing program.

Cas :slight_smile: