jsr239 via PC emulation (OpenGL ES on J2SE)

Hello,

I recently experimented with creating OpenGL ES 1.1 midlets using the Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2_01, as well as OpenGL ES 1.1 apps on android.

I am interested in running the same application on the PC using an OpenGL ES emulator. I have installed the PowerVR SDK OpenGL ES PC Emulator, which is a C++ SDK for running against an emulated PowerVR environment on PC.

The point is to develop my platform-agnostic OpenGL ES 1.1 java code in such a way that I can not only run it on the limited environments of the WTK and android emulators, but also within the J2SE environment using a native implementation of OpenGL ES.

Does anyone here know of any java native wrappers for bridging jsr239 with the PowerVR OpengGL ES emulator? Or can you recommend a different way for me to run my jsr239 java code within the J2SE environment?

Thanks!

It might be possible with the next version of JOGL (2.0), using the same OpenGL wrapper for PC and mobile phone. I’m not sure this is what you’re looking for: http://www.java-gaming.org/index.php/topic,19251.msg152091.html#msg152091

Let me know if I’m wrong.