A bit of childish fun…
Duke is bent over in a field… And is booted as far as possible (ie. a poor man’s Kitten Cannon/Smack the Penguin).
Progress so far:
Nothing really… Saw the theme and had me stumped… Bending gave me images of complex physics and couldn’t think of an idea.
Still no idea… Created Spritesheets with about 7 dukes and some basic backgrounds (using Paint/TileStudio).
- Started coding an hour ago (GTGE), was intending to use Pulpcore but have to gone With GTGE as know it pretty well and with limited time etc… Have coded the background and some basic duke motion/animation.
- Create bezier motion for duke + some basic acceleration physics (not sure yet if he will bounce, will depend on complexity/time).
- Add sounds/menu/scoring system (probably will base this on distance).
- Create mechanism for booting the poor little thing (may use a boot, which have to bend backwards with the mouse… not sure yet).
Would like to do, but no chance
- Midi Music, obstacles, better background… (May add these in after the comp if game is mildly playable)…
9.30pm here… Only got a few hours so no time for further progress reports (+my development pc doesnt have internet connection). Hopefully will have something playable by the time I drop!