[Journal] Cyber Amazon

Worked on windows, but errorer on the Mac I tried:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:173)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:145)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:659)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:786)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:2354)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:715)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:369)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Seems to be something it doesn’t like with the Java version… What version are you using on the Mac?

I like the levels you added.
Strange how I was caught in that pit at the end. :wink:
Looking forward to seeing the final level(s) and boss(es).

The only problem I can see is that if you die, at least somewhere close to a boss, it gets extremely hard to beat the bosses. While with the best upgrades available at the time it’s very easy. Perhaps you should only downgrade the weapon one level when you die, and rather give the bosses a little bit more HP, at least the second boss died extremely quickly. I found the first boss harder than the second one, but then I only had the second best weapon.

Thanks Sardtok! Glad you like it. I agree there is a problem with the weapons… I think I will simply make the best weapon less good and maybe only have 4 different types of weapons instead of 5.

GAME UPDATED!

Last level added and 2 more bosses.

Play at 4x
Play at 8x
Play at 16x

You can go press L + 2, L+ 3 and L +4 to jump to level 2, 3 and 4.

It looks great, the details and the background are really well polished .
I found it a little difficult though, I couldn’t beat the first boss … but maybe I need to practice a little more.

Hmm I will have a look at that teletubo. But if you want to try out the other levels you can press L + 2, L + 3 or L + 4, during gameplay.

My explorative nature caused me to jump into the pit of doom at the end of the 3rd(?) level. ::slight_smile:

I finally got around to playing the latest version.

I love everything about this game(*) except possibly the ‘authentically retro’ difficulty level. It took me a couple of goes to get to the Boss at the end of Level 1, and he wiped me out instantly. I didn’t do any better on the other levels (using the short-cut keys). My vote would go for making things a bit easier (more lives? more health? more generous health packs?), but I understand if you prefer to keep it as it is.

(*) Especially the little panicking scientists.

Simon

@Abuse
Good try! :slight_smile: I do have some secrets places around in the game, but unfortunately not there…

@dishmooth
Thanks alot Simon! Nice to hear that you liked the game. I personally think the game is easy, but that is I guess cos I have played it alot now. So I will probably make the levels a bit easier like you say, perhaps some more secret health items.