jMonkeyEngine 3 SDK Alpha2 Release

The second alpha release of the Java game library jMonkeyEngine 3 is now official. See the jmonkeyengine.com blog for the complete news article, and download the SDK install (jMonkeyPlatform) from the open repository.

Highlights include a new input system, PSSM & SSAO, many physics improvements and intuitive material editing. Anyone with an interest in Java game development would be wise to check it out!

fixed both links.

looks really cool, glad to see the jME project still doing really well after some of the main developers left.

Quite awesome. I didn’t know you guys were doing this. I will have to try it out when it’s closer to being done.

Ow! In that case we haven’t been shouting loudly enough ;D We’ve been very active since last year and going strong ever since. The core team now consists of three very capable programmers, two managers and one committed documenter. Core team and contributor base is still expanding with a lot of talented individuals, so we’re by all means alive and well.

By the way, I sent this PM to ChrisM two weeks ago with no reply:

[quote]Hi,

Erlend from jmonkeyengine.com here. Could you by any chance install the SMF redirect board plugin and use that to redirect to jmonkeyengine.com? We appreciate the extra attention, but we’d much rather have all jME discussions happening in one place. When we’ve got our new jmonkeyengine.org site set up properly I’ll be sure to link back to you guys

p.s. I’m much more responsive at e.soghe@gmail.com

Sincerely,

~ Erlend Sogge Heggen
[/quote]
Could anyone please look into that? We greatly appreciate the opportunity to promote jME through this board, but as a support board it doesn’t really serve in the community’s best interest as it fragments our collective knowledge base. A better solution would be a simple redirect (-board) while using the Showcase board maybe for announcements like these.

ChrisM is way too busy with stuff. I once thought I saw him catching his breath, then he rushed off and vanished into the abyss.

@erlend_sh thats a great idea and one that has been suggested many times before, guess it just comes down to the ChrisM getting time (as pointed out by Riven above).

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for the info guys. Sounds to me like ChrisM would do wise to delegate a sizable chunk of his responsibilities :slight_smile: The effort is greatly appreciated though.

Oh, look at that, “DO NOT POST HERE” looks just about right, thanks :smiley:

Funny you should say that :slight_smile: ChrisM was already in the process of getting the server out of Oracle, and planning a bit of a chat with some JGO mods. Then he waved his magic wand and disappeared. :wink: