jME2 compilation Error...

I’m trying to compile jME2 but obtained loads of error messages.

Buildfile: C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\build.xml
init:
     [echo] jmeKeyStore
-gen-rtlogprops:
compile:
    [javac] Compiling 831 source files to C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\build
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\system\DisplaySystem.java:41: warning: sun.misc.Service is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac] import sun.misc.Service;
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\system\DisplaySystem.java:42: warning: 

[javac]                                                         ^
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\util\logging\BetterFormatter.java:22: warning: sun.security.action.GetPropertyAction is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac]             .doPrivileged(new sun.security.action.GetPropertyAction(
    [javac]                                                  ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 100 errors
    [javac] 6 warnings

BUILD FAILED
C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\build.xml:71: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 6 seconds

What should I do to make jME2 successfully built please…

Best Regards
JIA

Hi

These are only warnings, there is something else. Please show us the errors.

Sorry, I’m now listing something more here

Buildfile: C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\build.xml
init:
     [echo] jmeKeyStore
-gen-rtlogprops:
compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1558 source files to C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\build
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\system\DisplaySystem.java:41: warning: sun.misc.Service is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac] import sun.misc.Service;
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\system\DisplaySystem.java:42: warning: sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac] import sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError;
    [javac]                ^
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\system\DisplaySystem.java:192: warning: sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
    [javac]             throws ServiceConfigurationError {
    [javac]                    ^
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\input\controls\binding\KeyboardBinding.java:34: package org.lwjgl.input does not exist
    [javac] import org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard;
    [javac]                       ^
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\input\controls\binding\MouseButtonBinding.java:34: package org.lwjgl.input does not exist
    [javac] import org.lwjgl.input.Mouse;
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\input\dummy\DummyKeyInput.java:35: package org.lwjgl.input does not exist
    [javac] import org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard;
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\input\dummy\DummyMouseInput.java:37: package org.lwjgl.input does not exist
    [javac] import org.lwjgl.input.Cursor;
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\input\dummy\DummyMouseInput.java:38: package org.lwjgl.input does not exist
    [javac] import org.lwjgl.input.Mouse;
    [javac] C:\jiapei\MyPrograms\Eclipse\jme\src\com\jme\input\joystick\lwjgl\LWJGLJoystick.java:39: package net.java.games.input does not exist
    [javac] import net.java.games.input.Rumbler;

It looks like jME2 can’t detect lwjgl, which I absolutely added into the build path. By the way, I’m using the newest lwjgl . Also, I added lwjgl_util.jar and lwjgl_util_applet.jar as well.

It’s quite strange that Eclipse IDE doesn’t show any red cross, which means all files should be able to be correctly compiled. However, when I try to “ant build” the build.xml, I obtained the above error messages.

Can you please help?

Thank you very much !!!

Best Regards
JIA Pei

Sorry I use JOGL (not LWJGL) with JMonkeyEngine and I use a very dirty way to make it work in Eclipse, I do this:

[quote]JOGL

Download the JOGL binaries for your platform here.
Now, I’m going to give you a dirty (bad practice) but straightforward and simple way of installing it. Follow these steps:

* Unzip the downloaded file
* Go to the "lib" directories
* Copy the JAR files into your "jre/lib/ext" directory
* Copy the native libraries (.so files under Linux and Solaris, .jnilib under Mac, .DLL under Windows) into your "jre/lib/bin" directory under Windows or "jre/lib/i386" for others operating systems

A better practice is to add the path of the directory containing JOGL libraries into the CLASSPATH environment variable and into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (Linux and Solaris), into the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (Mac) or into the PATH environment variable (Windows).
[/quote]
Please find a cleaner way of doing it with LWJGL.