jME demos not working

I’ve tried to run the JWS demos at the jME site, but they aren’t working for me. :frowning:

I’ve tried at work on a WinXP, GeForce system and at home with a WinXP, ATI system. Neither works. :frowning:

Are others having any problems? It doesn’t seem to matter which demos I tried. A friend had never been to the site and wasn’t able to run them either.

They all seem to crash/throw exception after choosing the resolution and such. It doesn’t matter whether its full screen or not or any other settings.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Dr. A>

Just tried them on a “virgin” computer (never ran them before, never seen LWJGL, etc) and ran fine. You said on the jME forum that LWJGL demos don’t work for you either? The Webstart demos use LWJGL 0.92, you don’t happen to have another version of LWJGL on your path do you?

Here’s what I got trying versions .9 - .93

C:\ardev\lwjgl-win32-0.93>java -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_test.jar; org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest
Found 16 display modes
Moving to 100, 100
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/util/Display
at org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest.setDisplayMode(Unknown Source)
at org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest.main(Unknown Source)

C:\ardev\lwjgl-win32-0.9>java -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_test.jar; org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest
Found 16 display modes
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not choose ARB pixel formats.
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Window.nCreate(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Window.createWindow(Unknown Source)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Window.create(Unknown Source)
Unable to create window!, exiting…

C:\ardev\lwjgl-win32-0.92>java -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_test.jar; org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest
Found 16 display modes
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/util/Display
at org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest.setDisplayMode(Unknown Source)

I checked my classpath and I don’t have any additional entries to it. I didn’t find any lwjgl jars or dlls in the jre dirs either. I can try uninstalling 1.4.2.05 and installing .06, since I know I’ve never had that version on here.

I’ve got an ATI card on this laptop (home).

What should I try from here?

Regards,
Dr. A>

I know that error.

You have to downgrade LWJGL to version 0.9. That’s why JME makes a call to Display.class, that is no more present in the 0.9.2 version, or has been moved in another branch of the JAR file.
Than JavaRT isn’t able to find it and gives error.

Bye, bye

Ender

Is someone gonna get all this stuff upgraded to LWJGL 0.94 shortly?

Cas :slight_smile:

The current CVS version already support lwjgl 0.93/0.94… If you don’t want a CVS version but an official release, you should wait for the upcoming 0.8 (looking at what mojo said, in a couple of monthes, maybe earlier) :slight_smile:

Chman

For me the demos were crashing after a couple of seconds when I using JRE 1.4.2_06. After upgrading to JRE 1.5.0 they appear to work fine.

My system specs: Win2000 SP4, AMD64 3400+, Radeon 9800 XT 256MB, 1 GB RAM

yeah, 1.4.2_05 and 1.4.2_06 have really dodgy JNI modules…1.4.2_04 is fine, so is 1.5.

DP