JGO Twitter List

I have created a JGO Twitter list, if you would like to be included please leave reply with your Twitter username, the list is private at the moment.

I use Twitter a lot, would be great to follow what the JGO people are up to code wise.

Thanks

I don’t use Twitter much but you can find me @shchilak

@puppygames

Cas :slight_smile:

@neilcsmith_net
@PraxisLIVE

@iotsakp
@LWJGL (managed by kappa, I mostly post about new releases)

@rivenwastaken
@JavaGamingOrg

Hi

I stopped using Twitter several years ago because I disagree with its terms of use, it doesn’t allow me to lodge a complaint in my country when something goes wrong, it sells my personal data, it has benefited of zero-rating which goes against net neutrality, it’s not fully based on free software, I can’t deploy it on my server unlike Mastodon, between 50 and 75% of the accounts are inactive or used by bots / zombies, there are other means of getting news headlines, it has a really lack of transparency in its moderation policy, I don’t like centralized asocial networks administered by far-right-wing libertarians anyway, …

By the way, another guy “reuses” my previous pseudonym on Twitter to say stupid things about water, wood, wind, … My Russian skills are too low to understand his hare-brained ideas.

@orange451

@TobySimone

@StamplerJ
@BeeMelonStudio

@CosmicMenace

@orangepascal
@orangepixel (mostly my official game release blabla)

@stephencsmith

https://twitter.com/stephencsmith

@lethalrunning

@darkcart_

Hi

As I’m no longer on Twitter and as I don’t want to use Tumblr, I can’t contact Notch. Please can you ask him to relax the license of “Breaking the Tower”? It was no longer working under Windows 10, I fixed it, I published my fix but it violates the very first clause of his license:
https://github.com/gouessej/BreakingTheTower/commit/1e6a673dd983c3e28c56d19fc92aeb193a197545

Markus is not exactly his old self… seems to have been replaced by some sort of simulacrum.

I was surprised at his strict licensing policy. He wrote a lemmings-style game (IIRC) for J4K, and he specifically put “you may not copy this code”, even though he made it available. Gee, thanks Marcus.

Sort of an irony given how LWJGL made him a billionaire and I cry myself to sleep every night on a pillow of dashed hopes 8)

He was forced to make it available but he chose a strict licensing policy. Now, it doesn’t help to ensure that his games still work. Nobody is perfect. Graphics.getFontMetrics() spends a bit much time than in the past under Windows 10 and as he chose to store the results of some operations involving longs and floats into floats instead of doubles, it worked until the loss of precision made the game stay in the loop responsible for the physical ticks.