JDialogue: dialogue editing software for games

EDIT 4/21/2019: JDialogue has been upgraded into ClearDialogue. Please check out its new thread by clicking this link.

Hey guys! Thought I’d drop this here while I was thinking about it.

A few weeks ago I was looking for a dialogue editor for my game, but the problem was that I couldn’t find one that was versatile enough for what I needed. All of the free ones out there either had a lot of bugs, were incomplete, or had a lot of arbitrary limitations. So I spent a week making JDialogue, with customization and versatility in mind. It’s by no means perfect, but I think it’s a pretty good solution for what I needed it to do.

JDialogue features:

• Branching dialogue
  • Different node types such as differentiating responses and text
  • Custom syntax highlighting for tags
  • Basic find/replace functionality
  • JSON exporting/importing
  • Open source, fully commented and documented, made with customization in mind

Keep in mind, I had never used JavaFX before JDialogue, so there may be some questionable things in there. If you have experience with JavaFX and would like to spend time improving JDialogue, message me and I can add you to the repository. However I won’t personally be making many changes outside of bugfixes since it does what I need it to at this point.

Anyway, I hope this is useful to some of you! So far it’s being working out well for me, so I wanted to share it with all of you so that maybe it can help you all too.

It can be downloaded on the repository page here:
https://github.com/SkyAphid/JDialogue