JCrete?

Seen as hardly anyone goes by their real name on here! ;D Anyone else going to be at JCrete this year?

I’ve never heard of this before. If someone’s paying for the flights, I’d go in a shot. Although I’d prefer JCyprus!

I was there last year. It’s unlike any other (un)conference you may have been to and definitely worth the trip.

The mornings are tightly packed with 5-6 sessions going on at once. Lots of diversity and many interesting topics to choose from (or host yourself). Then you get to visit some of the most beautiful locations in Greece and have amazing food. The most interesting discussions happen in small groups, while driving to a destination, or relaxed on a beach. I was actually having useful discussions up to 2’ before boarding my return flight.

No matter what, don’t miss the trip to Balos!

Back in the cold and wet UK, and missing Crete already! :emo: I’d echo everything Spasi said (even down to the conversation 2’ before boarding the return flight!) - if you ever get a chance to go, jump at it! Such an inspiring trip, and what a venue.

One highlight amongst many was the unexpected invite to do a live-coding breakbeat set at the BBQ - Praxis LIVE making NetBeans the “loudest IDE in the world” ;D

x7vIZOcpP90

PS: I was around too :wink:

Yes, great to meet you in person finally! :slight_smile: