JavaFX coding challenge ($$$)

Well Netbeans seem to improved a lot so it should fine for me.
The JavaFX Production Suite/SDK couldn’t pick up Java 6 but that might be because I’m on windows 7.

that’s a very good market plan to propagate javaFX, “the return on innvestisment” ( advertisment and finished demo ) will be huge in comparaison of the advertising budget (prices). seems that more and more compagny use those advertising method.

No sweden :frowning:

Yes Sweden: “European Union member state”

I am not sure, but I think swededn might not be in EU?(tell me if I am wrong :P)

You’re wrong

=D

hehe, ok.

i wish you were right :frowning:

I had a look at the judging criteria, and there are six equally weighted criteria. One is for being portable between desktop and browser (or touch screen for mobile entries), which every valid entry will get. The remaining five are just re-phrasings of two criteria:

Criteria 1: The Idea (3/5)

• Viral nature of the application, which includes the ability and desire of the user to pass the application or knowledge of their application to their social network
  • Originality and uniqueness of the application, which includes the problem addressed or the innovative nature of the application
  • Creativity and fun, which includes how the application differentiates itself and reflects the creativity of the developer to provide enjoyment and capture the user’s imagination

Criteria 2: The Polish (2/5)

• Technical merit and use of JavaFX features
  • End user experience, which includes the performance and robustness of the application

Looks like games will fit this pretty well. It’s just a shame that it is only aimed at the filthy rich who can afford Windows or a Mac :’(

That sounds like a great idea, I wonder if I’ll have some time for this. I haven’t looked at JavaFX at all, though.

If you really really want to, you could use the sdk on linux:
http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/2008/12/04/using_javafx_1_0_on_linux.html
http://java.dzone.com/news/javafx-10-linux-netbeans-ide

The instructions are for version 1.0, but they may still work.

It’s unfortunate that linux and solaris sdk versions didn’t make it into 1.0 and 1.1 =(

Dmitri

Oh excellent! I thought that the pre-release version was quite different from 1.0, so I didn’t consider using it. This’ll make my life much easier =)

updated javafx 1.1.1 & NB 6.5.1 on linux instructions

I never had any problems on ubuntu, even the media player and mp3 player demos work for me.

[quote]# All Entrants must be of majority legal age in their country and a legal resident of one of the following countries; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, a European Union member state, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Malaysia, Panama, Peru, the Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, and Venezuela.
[/quote]
There is no Iceland in there! And it’s not an European Member state.

Given the current climate, you could probably buy Iceland with the first prize money. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather buy myself some tropical island and move there :slight_smile: Create People’s Republic of Appelonia.