java4k.com down time

Hi,

since a day I noticed that java4k.com is down from time to time. Is there something special happening these days with the site? I plan to submit a game very soon so I’d like to make sure I’ll be able to do that.

Sorry, I just noticed this.

Trying to resolve the issue.

I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to get the site back online. The machine is stored in a server room which I don’t have access to, and my contact isn’t obviously at work over the weekend. It’s stored for free so it’s not like I have a 24/7 service available, just one of those cons along with all the pros. I should perhaps after this look at some redundancy options.

Typical that this happens after work on Friday!! :-\

Anyway, it’ll be back online on Monday.

Hey apple,

don’t worry too much. Unless you’re making money with java4k.com, you shouldn’t have to appology or say sorry for that; java4k.com is a free site and servive offered to amateur and pro java devs for the sake of game contests and gaming showcase… As far as I know, you don’t get any money for the work you put in that.

I’m sorry and I do apologize for apologizing :slight_smile: ;D

They are upgrading their UPS system for that server area and had to shut off all power. Clearly, they forgot to let me know. So, I guess this downtime should prevent any future downtime…ehe? ::slight_smile: That’s like killing the patient before curing him.

I assume this won’t take much longer.

Up again!