Java SE 7 Update 1 Released!

JRE and JDK 7u1 have finally been released!

Those of you that have been waiting for Oracle (including me >:() to fix the critical bug that was shipped with the initial release of Java 7 can finally update!!

Eclipse support for Java 7 is still in BETA stage but is expected to be released anytime now as Indigo SR1.
UDPATE: Apparently Eclipse Indigo SR1 (3.7.1) was released on September 29.

… and the Java plug-in won’t be blocked in Mozilla Firefox ;D

[quote]Oracle is releasing an update to Java SE today to address this vulnerability, and we have decided not to block the vulnerable versions at this time.
[/quote]

Why not blocking Silverlight?
http://pastie.org/2603736

Yoink.

At last, can release with Java 7 powering the games.

Cas :slight_smile:

Still upset about that >_> Java hadn’t been updated in years before Java 7… they couldn’t wait a few days to fix that? >:( Dumb. ANYWAY yay update that fixes the problem ;D

I’m happiest about the Eclipse update! After the bug problem, Eclipse was the only thing stopping me from using Java 7.

Not to be too evil here, but did You actually hit the bug ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I squished so hard its insides oozed out. It was pretty nasty :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems reasonable to me to avoid a runtime version that performs invalid program transforms.

Indeed. I wouldn’t want to push out an update to 50,000 customers only to have it crash and then get 500 emails to answer in the space of a few days.

And the flip side of that is “me”. I did some early C++ programming where the “some” compilers were generating invalid transforms and I spent a ton of time trying to figure out where “my” bug were. I was mighty annoyed when I figured out what the problem was.

So are there any code examples where you can clearly see the bug?

Apparently quite complicated to reproduce if you don’t know how but Tomcat managed to do it. I suppose it wasn’t fixed as quickly as it might have been because Java 7 hasn’t been pushed to the general world yet - it’s still in “developer preview” status.

http://tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/java.txt

What o_O I guess that kind of makes sense… Gives devs a chance to test and update. When does it get released to the general public? Java 7u2?

Who knows… when they think it’s stable enough I suppose.

I wouldn’t call it a preview, the standard download for the JDK is 7. I suspect the version on java.com will be 7 when they get JavaFX on more platforms.

They have already fixed it in 7u1, which is the whole point of this thread >.>
And this is not a “developer preview”, this is a full release.

Indeed.

Is Java 7 being pushed out by the auto-update mechanism yet?

I doubt it, becuse java.com has Java 6u29 downloads.