Finally managed to create a new Java.Blend API library for Blender 2.83, which was released on 03/06/20… Watch the Blender 2.83 features showcase to get a brief overview of added and improved features.
There were just a few changes to the data structures which are related to 3D models, animation and rendering (changes to runtime and UI data structures omitted):
Data structures were added to support:
- Hair: Modelling and simulation of hair
- PointCloud: This is now the base class for Meshes: Each mesh is a cloud of points, which can be animated, collision detected, etc.
- Volumes: Part of the OpenVDB support (volumetric data: clouds, explosions, …)
Further changes have been:
- Grease pencil and burshes: Majority of changes but only useful in blender UI.
- Mesh: Addition of face sets for coloring.
- Blur and glow shader settings
EDIT: Accidently committed too early
EDIT2: Congrats to the new forum software!