J2ME GAME, NEED HELP LOADING TO MY PHONE

hey i have made a game on midp 2.0 and CLDC 1.1. I have a samsung tocco and try to load it on my phone but it doesn’t work, it comes up with unsupported aplication, also it doesn’t work on my other flatmates samsung soul. I tried it on my flatmates motarolla V8 and my girlfriends LG KF800. Does anyone know if i need to do something or is it jst samsung phones?

Thanks

forgot to say it works on the motarolla V8 and LG KF800

It has been a while since I last had to load something to a samsung and I don’t have one handy so I can only give ideas:

• You will definitely need both jar and jad file.
  • Make sure the jad and manifest follow the guidelines to the dot (I am not kidding)
  • Does your mobile support midp 2.0 and cldc 1.1?
  • You could also try uploading it to a webserver and downloading it from there to the mobile.
  • Even if they both are samsungs, does not mean the same app will work on both
  • as above but even moreso for other mobiles

Have you checked the J2mePolish site?
They are (were?) quite up-to-date and might be able to give more specific hints.
Especially look for the devices you want to support and see what ‘features’ they have.
If two devices have different ‘features’, you probably won’t be able to ‘build-once-run-anywhere’ and will have to go for mobile specific builds.
J2MEPolish can again help you there.

hth