J2ME devices catalogue

http://voicexml.com.ua/j2me/

This catalogue is directed to the developers of applications for mobile phones. The catalogue provides information which can help in development of applications using Java2ME language. As any catalogue, this one is also not complete, and we hope for your help in its actualization and filling. For every phone model there is a section of reviews and if you are completely sure that there is an error in the catalogue and you know the correct values or some missing parameters, - post a comment and we will change the parameters of this model. Best of all is when using the catalogue you will check up information for a phone which you use personally and describe its missing features.

intersting but in extension list manz phones do not have all items listed like in oficial spec for exampleŁ sonz ericsoon k600

Have you seen www.jbenchmark.com ?

You seem to be duplicating nearly all their functionality - though they have a midlet to collect the information in a semi automated fashion.

From a developers perspective, useful information for me about a handset include :-

1. All the APIs present and supported on a handset. (automatically obtainable by using Class.forName(“class.in.package.IamSearchingFor”)
  2. Color depth and native pixel format. (for optimally color reducing graphic assets at compile time, partially automatable - though may not be accurate)
  3. refresh rate of screen (for optimal calibration of screen repaints)
  4. supported MMAPI media types. (automatable, though the information may not be accurate)
    etc etc etc.