Is it over?  'cuz our game hasn't been played

Does anyone know when the contest judging is officially ending?

So far, our entry, Galactic Village, has not been played yet.
As far as I can tell, one judge logged in for a couple of minutes, but didn’t actually play the game because they didn’t give any orders or anything.

AThomas and the rest of the judges – you got the notification that you can’t play Galactic Village if you are blocked by a firewall, right? Or is that grounds for disqualification? Just checking! :slight_smile:

Anybody else able to track if your game has been played yet or not?

There is about 4 hours worth of gameplay with the current release of Galactic Village – hopefully at least 5 or 10 minutes will actually get played! Or was the 8 weeks of running the team into the ground to get the game ready all for naught? :-/

I saw that there has been some Sun access to my website, but I have no clue what has been accessed.

So I cannot tell.

Maybe they are too busy now bc. of J1 and will notify/announce the 4 lucky guys during next week.

But I feel it to be a bad thing to leave the participants that uninformed.

Well, it looks like the judges are still playing. At least they were late last night – late by U.S. east coast time anyway. ::slight_smile:

I guess they plan on judging right up until the last minute – which has got to be hard on them, because of getting ready for JavaOne. Although it means probably even the winners won’t get much advance notice. Oh, well.

At least they are finally getting around to playing Galactic Village. :slight_smile:

Hey, sounds like you’re in the running for the final 3… :slight_smile:

they took the best things last

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote]Does anyone know when the contest judging is officially ending?

So far, our entry, Galactic Village, has not been played yet.
[/quote]
;D I just came across the plug for Galactic Village in Shawn’s book:

“Galactic Village is a particularly fun game to play and gives a good indication of the growing possibilities for commercial development of MMO games using Java”

Although I was a little surprised it didn’t get edged out by Wurm, simply because Wurm is more photogenic in screenshots ;).

Our 2 submissions have not been played yet. We just submitted to the igf.com contest and are hoping they will actually get played then considering the $50 entry fee :slight_smile:

We also have potential issues with firewalls for activating the game (which could be preventing the testing) but we have a resolution waiting for any judge that asks. Of course, when asked for our activation numbers we advised Sun of this potential problem and that we had an easy solution.

Is that book already published?? Didn’t notice.

I believe you can buy it now, but it is not actually shipping yet – couple more weeks?