Invaders

http://meatfighter.com/j4k2009/invaders/

Post your high score if you beat the game. ;D

Neat!

Lots of variety, and mirroring sprites along one axis is pretty darn clever. =)
I find it a bit easy, and the levels are a bit repetetive, but it’s a solid game.

[edit:]

I get the gauntlet bit, but not the invaders bit… How is this similar to space invaders?

A really great remake of Gauntlet in 4 Ko, with a lot of stuff to do and a great deal of enemies ! I suppose the similarity with Space Invaders lies in the futuristic design of the game, as the player is driving a spaceship with a pulse gun instead of a barbarian ( or elf/wizard/walkyrie) with throwing axes ( arrows/fireballs/lance ) …

good game. if oyu still got space you should make the spawning points with different levels if you understand what I mean

Keep up the Good work

Not actually sure, because it’s drawn in transparent white and the first two characters are on top of a health powerup. I think it’s 454535. (Edit: oh, wait, it’s changed the window title: 474535). Obviously it’s possible to get an infinite score if you really care about it.

Solid concept, although not really enough depth for 8 levels. If you have the spare bytes, some indication in the UI of the number of keys you’re currently carrying would be nice. Also I didn’t realise until about level 5 that you can kill the spawn points: that makes it a lot easier.

Look ma, an infinite queue! By leaving the window with fire pressed, I don’t even have to hold the button.

But, seriously, its a quite a good game; I used to love Gauntlet.