Idea dump thread

I like Orangy’s “idea dump” thread in the lwjgl16k forum. Here’s the 4k version.

Post your idea of a game you wish someone to steal implement :slight_smile:

Of course, don’t post ideas for games you’re implementing yourself, but if you think you have a good idea and won’t implement it anyway, maybe someone else will be interested in implementing it. Note, by posting your idea you’re giving it away for free, with no credit required.

Maybe to ensure the same game idea won’t get implemented multiple times raise your hand and say you’re implementing it.

Ok… fun fun fun :slight_smile:

A few nights ago had a linerider type idea. You start off in the top left, player has list of tools to choose from (line drawer, eraser etc.) and has to draw lines to make your little main character reach his goal (with similar phyiscs to linerider). When finished drawing player clicks a little button to set off your little dude. Multiple levels with different obstacles on each to make it challenging. I decided on somet a bit easier :slight_smile:

SteveyO: Sounds cool though. I’m tempted… :slight_smile:

Here are some ideas, even if not very original :

• a boxing game, like Boxing on Atari 2600, or even better, in pseudo 3D like Punch-Out!! on NES ;
  • a naval combat game between two nineteenth century sailing ships, like the ones in Broadsides and Sid Meier’s Pirates! ;
  • a remake of Tron Deadly Discs on Intellivision or Atari 2600, which had a fantastic yet simple gameplay ;
  • a remake of Shark! Shark! on Intellivision, another game with a fantastic gameplay. The player controled a small fish which had to
    eat smaller fishes in order to grow and ascend the ocean food chain ;
  • a burglary simulation, with a big part inspired by the Skyrim lock picking mini game ;
  • a computer security system hacking simulation, inspired by the Mass Effect mini game.

If you are still looking for ideas, you may have a look at the fantastic Hipopotam’s digitalised collection of handheld electronic games on the excellent site www.pica-pic.com ( Flash needed ).

Could also look at the Amstrad CPC game Raffles for inspiration. Unfortunately screenshots are hard to find: http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=2591 is the best I can locate.

well i must admit i always wanted to do an “incredible machine 4k” but i only have time for one entry a year it seems and this idea never becomes number one.

I would love someone to “steal” this remakefrom me :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]SteveyO: Sounds cool though. I’m tempted…
[/quote]
It’s all yours good luck :wink:

[quote]well i must admit i always wanted to do an “incredible machine 4k” but i only have time for one entry a year it seems and this idea never becomes number one.
[/quote]
This looks pretty cool, never seen this one before. Actually a few days ago I started on something similar, i.e. A game where you place objects to alter the path of your main character. Not sure I can pull off the physics so may not get round to finishing this one.

moogie: Me too! I’ve started making TIM4k once or twice, but didn’t get very far at all. :slight_smile:

@SteveyO: Mm, well, I’m tempted as I said, but I happen to have a whole bunch of unfinished 4k projects already… :slight_smile: I think I’ll let somebody else take it if they want. :slight_smile:

An idea I started on and worked on a few times but never finished was a bridge-river-ferrying game - some sort of top-down perspective with rivers being procedurally created over time. You’d have to gather resources and build little bridges (or boats?) to let trading caravans cross the rivers. I don’t know whether it would be fun or not, though…

[quote]a boxing game, like Boxing on Atari 2600
[/quote]
Do you mean this?

Or this?

@ zeroone

I meant the game related to the first picture, which is well Boxing on Atari 2600. The second picture is from Realsports Boxing, a much less fun game I think.

And concerning a Boxing-like game, it would be cool to be able to participate to some boxing championship, with a few opponents of different color and difficulty.