I'd like to get the ball rolling in this competition

Yeah, but I desperately need a stable LWJGL jnlp-ext right now for a game that’s getting wide distribution :frowning: and all your links are dead (even the ones for your own games; note this means its impossible for me to do any of that OS X testing at the moment too).

Or, failing that, a pre-made set of lwjgl-XXX-native.jar files, cos I’m having problems making them manually, and the current distro of LWJGL doesn’t seem to have these any more?

Nothing wrong with any of my links here…

Cas :slight_smile:

Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/shared/test/lwjgl-windows.jar was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.puppygames.net Port 80

EDIT: but my mistake on the PG.net ones…I’d just manually looked at the JNLP and thought the URL’s were the same. They aren’t - the working ones don’t have the “/test/” string in the middle :wink:

Ah yes, I moved everything out of /test now it’s stable.
…and it broke Dudester and Puppytron. Haha :smiley: And I can’t be bothered to fix them for a while.

Yeah, but we are two thirds of the way through the year now. Soon it will be time for the 2006 4k competiton. :slight_smile:

Any idea when the next LWJGL release will be. Elias put some fixes into the security wrappers, which should allow me to recompile SharpShooter16k against it without either needing to kludge the library (as I’m doing currently) or sign the application (which makes it over 16k).

Alan

I hope RSN, seeing as he’s just fixed a bug with SiS cards, and also we’ve got gamepad support again.

Very good news. It was a good idea to update lwjgl before the contest. However it would have been interesting to run a contest during the summer months just to see what people could make with 3 months of free-ish time :slight_smile:

Maybe next year :wink:

Until then, bring on the 16K! :smiley:

So… we’re a month later on… is there going to be an LWJGL 16k ?

Should we just start another mini contest (read no prizes) instead - or is 16k really imminent?

Kev

How about a new contest, where all the games have to have a common theme somehow.

I’ve been waiting for LWJGL 16k to be over and done with before seriously starting a JGF competition. Since that’s obviously not going to happen, I’ll get started on a JGF competition this weekend (prizes, rules, judges, details, and libraries). I’ll post something on Monday.

Cool, thats great!

Kev

yes, please, before the 4K rolls around again x_X;; (would be embarassing to be “planning” some 16k for a year I think)

LOL yeah I was thinking that even as I typed ;).

PLEASE anyone who’d like to help or be invovled in any way other than actually taking part, drop me an email adam at grexengine.com ASAP. Doesn’t matter if you have no skills at all, I can probably find something useful for you to do ;).

As far as I’m concerned, organizign is no bar to entering, only judging is a bar to entering. So don’t feel put off by the fact that you want to enter as well. I’m not even dreaming of entering, because I’ll have my hands full organizing things.

Is this new contest a LWJGL contest?

Not specifically, no. I should post something tomorrow (would have today, but we had a film crew in which was v. distracting, and then had to got to a post-work party which was also being filmed. Sorry!)