HUD regression

I notice in the most recent CVS pull, as of last night , that the highlighting of mouse over HUD widgets is incorrect. On my machine, run the HUD test class, bring up a frame via a button press. Run the mouse up and down the toggle/radio buttons. After a few movements some buttons remain highlighted after the mouse leaves their boundaries. I am pretty sure that this was cleaner recently, highligh on mouse over/no highlight when mouse moves away :frowning:

No. This wasn’t working properly recently. But it is the thing I’m currently investigating. Unfortunately I haven’t got a clue so far. But I’ll continue searching.

Maybe you could have a look at it, Yuri?

Marvin

In general it seems to occur when multiple buttons are involved. I was unable to make any of the single buttons in the HUD test fail this way

Hi,

Please describe a problem in a bit more details - I believe I will find some time to look at it over the weekend.

[You should consider I am not an user of HUD, but know how the core works in deep details and how to debug it [the core], so if you feel we can use it let’s do so].

Yuri

In the HUD test, you can press a button and open a Frame. Do this and a frame appears containing a set of toggle and radio buttons. Each button should cycle through the button/hover/psuhed image based on mouse action. Stroking the mouse over the buttons back and forth eventually leave one or more showing the hover image even thought the mouse is no longer over the widget

I’ve now fixed the HUD texture-update-problem. One part was fixed by Yuri’s moving the update-Appearance call to FrustumCuller. I think it is due to Shader-State-cache. The other part is fixed by retraversing the scenegraph even if parallely projected, after a NodeComponent was changed. So you seem to be right in this point, too, Yuri :).

There’s a last point that needs to be fixed. Some Labels show the left part of the text without the background. I hope this is fixed by bohdan’s transparency-sorting patch. If not, I’ll investigate.

Marvin