Hexival - strategic match-3

Hello every one :slight_smile:
This is my first post, so forgive me all my mistakes :wink:
For last year I’ve been developing a match 3 game with (i think) interesting mechanics.

In this game - Hexival, You have to build your kingdom using limited amount od hexes while defending your land from incoming monsters.

There are 3 Main types of hexes:

• farms - gives You food,
  • ‎mines - gives You diamonds,
  • ‎village - triggers unit attack.

Using gathereded resources You can buy attack or armor upgrade, new soldier or trigger soldier attack.
After placing each Hex monster delay counter will decrement and when it reaches zero, monster will attack your units (counter value will go back to start value).
When You defeat monster a new one will appear and You will be rewarded with some amount od new hexes, diamonds and food.

What do you think about this mechanics? Would you change something? Is it interesting? :slight_smile:
Btw, I’m using libgdx with guava.

I’ve got also some gifs with gameplay footage ;D
Thanks for any replay :wink:

there is a playable build somewhere? More easy to understand if it’s possible to play with your game :smiley:

No, I didn’t publish game anywhere :wink:
Maybe on next build I will upload apk somewhere and paste link here so that people could play it :wink:
Thank’s for reply :slight_smile:

Well, it looks interesting.

thanks for quick sharing! Do you plan to have a web/desktop version? You will receive more feedback for sure (at least from me!)

Hi,

If you provide a playable version I can say more about the game.
However, at a glance it looks good. I like strategy games. I like the idea that you can throw a fire ball in monsters just by moving you finger on the screen:)
Is there a mechanism to grow your kingdom by managing it, or just by gathering items after killing monsters?

Sorry for long break, I had very intense time and some personal issues, but now I’m back on track :slight_smile:

@meva: currently there is no managing mechanism, you develop your kingdom by placing and maching specific hexes and by using items.

Currently I’m working on graphics update. I’ve decided to add monsters from slavic mythology (not only random fantasy monsters), pictures below (with original polish names):

Czart, Ćmuk and Baba Jaga

Borowy, Bies, Baba cmentarna

Lately I’ve also created logo animation

https://giant.gfycat.com/SickPoliticalBoa.gif

I’m also planning to release alpha version with old graphics for testing, so that you guys can say what do you think about the game mechanics :slight_smile:

Graphics are great:).

Do I see here an influence of The Witcher;)?

For me the concept of the game is ok. You can improve mechanics later by adding more features.

Witcher is sort of my inspiration. Witcher was based on slavic mythology and slavic mythology is my main inluenfce :slight_smile:
To be honest, I’ve decided to add those monsters after playing Witcher :smiley:

Thanks for reply!

Hey there!

I’ve made little promo gif for game, using new artstyle. What do you think? :slight_smile:

Now I’ll focus on code, so that I could publish demo for tests :slight_smile:

It looks charming!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi there, I’ve managed to make alpha release to Hexival.
I want to know any (good or bad) opinion about this game.
Here is link to download: http://bit.ly/2HsR1kR

Current state:

• no sound,
  • no items (I’m changing the way they works),
  • no additional game modes except endless mode.
  • old graphics.

Game design:

• I want to add items which could be used on map and on battlefield, for instance item which could kill monster and would destroy one hex from map etc., etc.
  • I want to add 2 additional game modes: puzzle (won’t be any shopping and monster will only disturb on map) and quest (perform task defined at the beggining of the game, like: ‘kill 3 monsters’)

Instructions:
Place hexes on map in order to receive resources and expand your kingdom. Defend it from monsters with your soldiers attack triggered by grouping hexes. Monsters can steal your resources or hexes, attack your soldiers and add obstacles to your kingom. Spend money on unit upgrades, additional soldiers or additional hexes.
Game will be over if all your units die or if you spend all your hexes.

Tell me if you liked it or not. Is this design good idea or not? Did you want to change anything (or everything) in the game? If yes, then what would you change?
Thanks for any response.