Help: submission checklist?

I can’t find the “confirmation email” that was sent with all the instructions. Lots of things could have happened - I expect I received it, but with mozilla mail client’s crappy keyboard handling you often accidentaly delete two emails when you tried to delete one. Or perhaps a spam filter picked it up and deleted it :-[

The genius who set up the project didn’t think to make the instructions accessible any other way, nor to provide any link to resend it.

Please could someone who HAS still got their email send it to me? ceo @ grexengine.com. As you can guess there is some urgency to this request :o

Uh… and me too, coz I still can’t figure out how to actually submit any files…

Cas :slight_smile:

This could turn out to be a very easy to win competition :P.

Herk, if it turns out you’re the only one of us from here who managed to submit, we’re all rooting for you to win it for JGO! :wink:

Of course, if we do manage to enter… as we say around here in Survivor-world: “Bring it on!”

Here you go, not much more info tho. You do need to LOGIN first to have the “suggest a file” header on the page with all the contestants…

BK

Thank you for joining the games-contest project
on java.net as a contestant. The 2004 Java
Technology Game Development Contest runs from
9:00am Pacific Time March 24, 2004 to 9:00am
Pacific Time on June 7, 2004. During this
timeframe, please upload your Game
(compiled executables) to the java.net
folder that has been created under your java.net
account name, which can be found by going to:

https://games-contest.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?expandFolder=0&folderID=0

and scrolling down until you find your account name.

Please print, complete, sign and mail or fax the 2004
Java Technology Game Development Contest Entry
Form (included in the Official Rules document)
to:

Sun Microsystems, Inc.
4210 Network Circle, Mailstop: USCA21-308
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Attention: 2004 Java Technology Game Development Contest
Fax: (408) 276-6193

Remember that if you are entering more than one
game, a separate entry form must be submitted for
each one.

Refer to the Official Rules for further instruction.
The rules can be found at:
https://games-contest.dev.java.net/GameContestRules.pdf

Please address any questions not covered by
the information in the Official Rules or on
the Contest web site to: gamedevcontest@games.dev.java.net

Athomas Goldberg
Project Lead & Wildcard
Game Technologies Group
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
ex: 19367
ph/fx: 408 276 9367

I sent a while ago an email to gamedevcontest@games.dev.java.net to tell them about the file quota thing. I even flagged it as important, which is SURE to make a difference on a sunday…

You guys’ll probably be able to u/l your stuff if it’s only a tiny jnlp file, like Herkules. I’m thinking of sending my 30 MB file via carrier pigeons. ::slight_smile:

This is just ridiculous…

BK

I “suggested” a JNLP file in my project… no idea if anyone else can see it though. It’s in the auspiciously named “princec” project. Can anyone try it for me?

Cannot see it!

I can’t see cas’s either.

Also, according to that email, it looks like JNLP is insufficient and the compiled executable must be uploaded ??? :frowning:

Ahhh… no worries. Athomas just has to approve the files. So long as they’re submitted it’s fine, he’ll get round to it once he’s washed his hands and stopped retching.

And no, JNLP is sufficient. That’s the whole damned point of JNLP isn’t it?

Good to hear!!

Hey, AlienFlux takes part?
Then we other can go home anyway … :’(