[Help] Looking for: Project Management Software (web)

Hi everyone,

I am looking for software that would help me and my artist buddy better collaborate and keep content organized. We have a 3-5 year rpg project we are going to be working on.

Having a way to create/track/update deadlines, npc’s, quests, assets, code, comments, lore, etc is what I we aiming for. I am hoping for a one-size fits all solution. I would also prefer the software to be hosted on our web servers with mobile support. Paid or free resources are perfect.

Now, we have a xenforo license, which is forum/community software. While forums is okay, we are looking for something a bit more professional.

Thank you all for your continued awesomeness. This community rocks :slight_smile:

Thanks again,
Andrew

Trello is good.

I’ve heard Slack is amazing.

It’s not self-hosted stuff, and you might have already seen it, but I figured I’d post it in case you haven’t.

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate it. How can I trust those people with my ideas though? Would you trust them? I took a look at both of them and the features are exactly what I am looking for. I just… would feel safer if the content was hosted locally. I know I can’t be the only person who feels this way.

Thanks again though, I really do appreciate the suggestions. I have also never heard of them.

Cheers!

Edit:

Just found this: http://92fiveapp.com/
Seems to be a self-hosted system. If anyone knows others please post them. It may have more of what we need. :wink:

I use Trello and really recommend it. Basically Trello is a planning software, I’d say. You create an organization and you will be allowed to make some boards. In the boards, you create lists, for example… Shall We Do, TODO, Doing, Done etc., You can name them however you like. You add cards, i.e., items to the list and members talk on the cards. There will be an admin who adds members to an organization and boards using the registered id’s of the members.

That’s basically what Trello does. It allows you to manage each section of the organization easily. I’m using it (part of InDMag) and since now, it helped us very much.

What makes them trustworthy? I know I’m not developing the next big technology, but I want to keep my work private and safe.

Thanks!

You can always hide your work from being visible to the public. Trello has three types of modes. One is PUBLIC visibility. This means anyone on the web can see your organization, and your organization will come on the google search.

Second one is LINK visibility. This means anyone on the web, who have a link to your organization can see your boards. The difference is that your organization will not appear on search engines.

And the third and final mode is MEMBER visibility. Here, only the members of your organization can see your boards, and the organization will not appear on search engines. This one is suitable for you, because only the admin can add members to the organization, and only the approved ones can see your boards.

You may also consider using mode than one kind of software for this. Bitbucket is quite good (and free) way to store code, assets etcetera, and perhaps do some issue tracking. For deadlines etcetera, perhaps use a shared Google calendar? Or just use the issue tracking and teamwork facilities of something like Bitbucket. Good old excel sheet on dropbox is also a reasonable option.

Good luck with that!

Slack is absolutely amazing. And free.
I wouldnt use it for planning though, its more for team communication.

I think IRC is enough for team communication. We are at #InDMag on Espernet. What additional benefits that Slack gives us?

For a team of only 2 people, probably none.
For a team of 5+ people, slack is the way to go.