Graphics Cards

Anyways I suggest people to help AMD get a bigger share on the market. The last thing you want is Intel to be a monopoly and set prices skyhigh like back in the day when a simple cpu was $1000.

Honestly people should spend more money, not less.
The global economy is really bad, people are reluctant to buy shit. Amazon is huge and is not even really profitable.

How often does you PC break? You can’t invest in some $300 machine once every 5 years?
Decreasing product prices even more is not gonna help the economy.

Also I dont get the logic. All people need pcs so they should be cheap. First of all that manufacturing cost with demand/supply. But also Phones and PCs ARE ubiquitous.
And cars dont cost 200 bucks in 2016 just because you need them to drive :o

Shit costs money to make.

I fear the internet has raised an entire generation of people who think everything costs nothing.

They are in for a terrible shock in a few years.

Cas :slight_smile:

Why can’t I get a free graphics card that is paid for by adverts? It could hijack the PC sound system every 60 seconds exhorting me to buy cheap hamburgers :slight_smile:

Then I could buy a USB key to block hardware-delivered ads :slight_smile:

etc etc.

I speak ironically of course.

The worst thing is to come of the battle to lower prices in the chip industry is that it gives rise to problems like conflict resources.
Basically, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, various paramilitary groups and gangs have taken over mines that create the resources used in various electronics and enslave children to work the mines.

Companies try to weed out the illicit minerals from the rest but it is very hard when they don’t control the supply chain. So the sad reality is, at some point in your life, you’ve probably bought consumer electronics that was brought to you because of child slavery :frowning:

Fortunately, Intel [claims] that all their goods are now conflict-free, although whether they actually are is probably very hard to know.

I don’t care if my shit is conflict free. I just want my shit when I pay for it.

And the other side of that coin are people indoctrinated to believe hardware should be upgraded yearly or so (smartphones, I’m looking at you). Poor bastards. ::slight_smile:

I don’t mind my hardware being expensive, as I build my rig to last, spreading the cost over several years (my laptop is pushing 5 years, and I recently changed the burnt out motherboard of my 9+ years old main rig).

Now, finding that stuff that is expensive because it is actually good, vs the stuff that is just overpriced (anything with the word “gamer” in it, in my experience), that’s the trick.

black mirror season 1 series 2 “Fifteen Million Merits”
You have to pay to not see ads ^^

it was inevitable…
the market can not be fair competition where the 100-million+ players

piracy, “free” services - everything that destroys fair competition

market has evolve and players receive income not from selling 1 expensive good,
he receive it from goods quantity (aka free == ads, etc…)

pay little = get cheap low quality stuff
pay alot = maybe get something of good quality

anyway, here i see the general change in the way we percieve commodities.

industry tells us those things we used to use, like electrical household tools, we should not use, but consume.

Well, you should. And if you have no mercy of what happens to some people in some part of the world, you should at least do it because the thing may eventually turn back on yourself/people/country

Holy crap. You guys are making huge assumptions based on me wanting to have a decent computer with parts that have probably been mass produced. Frankly this is a very offensive thread. Yes, it costs money. I know. But a 50/150$ computer can’t do anything and has outdated hardware with no support for modern graphics. Especially if it’s a static laptop. You can’t exactly upgrade that. My PC costef around 300 for a new entire one. That’s an arm and leg to me. Yet, I would also say the fact that I don’t ask for anything or buy anything. I’m a minimalist, meaning i don’t try to go with little i just do. Idk where you guys live but money isn’t necessarily hard to get, but hard to save and hard to get a lot of.

I, too, render my trains in a way to where they slide on the tracks sideways. There is no better gift than to mess up your whole game and laugh.

Something tells me that that image shows more than just a rendering problem…

Quite complex isn’t it. Blame it on the ISP.

Legitimate question: Are you high?

Then you’re doing something wrong. It’s super easy to save money. Don’t spend it.

Everything I make, after my living expenses, goes right into stocks :slight_smile:

Get a paper round :wink:

(That’s what we used to do, grumble, moan, other old man mutterings)

Cas :slight_smile:

I really hope in 20 years (when you presumably have learned more about life and yourself) that you can look back at all of this stuff you’re saying on JGO and just cringe Hydroque.

Here’s hoping for you :point:

The cringe is inevitable ;D