Good Ad Providers on Android?

Hi Guys,

There was a post about ads on Android some months ago. As things move quickly on this platform I wanted to do a round 2 and see how your experiences are with the different ad providers? AdMob and Quattro Wireless used to be pretty serious players. However QW was purchased and closed down by Apple recently. Is AdMob the only decent ad provider at the moment or do you have good experiences with other providers as well?

I’ve never used QW. I did try MobClix and have flirted with Greystripe (though never implemented it).

GreyStripe: Their ads (large “premium” ads that - at least when I last looked - had pretty long loading times) simply don’t fit my apps. I would consider them if I ever did have an app where I think my users would accept staring at a full-screen ad for any length of time, but for my games… no.

MobClix: Very permission-heavy library. They improved this somewhat in recent versions, but it’s still too much IMO. In addition, they have a reputation as bad payers, and given that I’ve never seen a cent of money from them, I can only agree with that assessment.

AdMob: They sometimes have problems with low impression rates, but high volume apps seem to get access to Google AdSense ads (P&T does), which helps a lot with that problem. Not missed a payment yet for me. At the moment, I don’t use anyone else - I really don’t see the point.

I have only used AdMob and have had similar experiences to lsgames. Sometimes you get low impression rates but otherwise everything seems to tick along fine. No problems with payments and so on.