GL_FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED caused by Firefox

I’m getting a strange FBO error that seems to be caused by other applications (Firefox, Photoshop) affecting my JOGL app. I have code in which I create an FBO and render to it. Most of the time this works. However, if I have Firefox or Photoshop running in the background, sometimes it won’t. If I kill these programs, my JOGL app magically starts working again.

This is probabaly an NVidia bug. A poster on another forum suggested a solution that involved recreating the context, but as far as I know this is impossible in JOGL:

I’m using a Quadro FX 570/PCI/SSE2 graphics card with the latest drivers and JSR 231.

GLCanvas has the methods createContext(GLContext shareWith) and setContext(GLContext) that could be used to make a new GLContext. Have you experienced this problem in an application or an applet? The last post on the opengl forum sounds like creating a new context only solves the problem if the window has been destroyed for some reason.

This is an application. I’m using a GLJPanel since I need it to fit into a Swing framework (it sits inside a JSplitPane). Every now and then I’ll switch it to a GLCanvas just to see if it makes a difference, but a GLCanvas does not play nicely with my other Swing components.

I’ll do some searching on creating my own GLContext. Maybe that will help.