GeometryInfo getCoordinates() vs. setCoordinates() ?

Hi, all:

Sorry for my stupid question but I’ve got to ask all of you a question…
I debugged into ObjectFile.class and try to understand how to use setCoordinates() and getCoordinates()…

After loading a 3D object from the file “a.obj”, the debug information at the following line in file ObjectFile.class tells that
coordArray is of length 75,972

gi.setCoordinates(coordArray);

However, after “a.obj” has been loaded into a Scene “s” and I just use the following lines of code

BranchGroup bg = s.getSceneGroup();
Shape3D obj3d = (Shape3D)bg.getChild(0);
GeometryArray ga = (GeometryArray)obj3d.getGeometry();
GeometryInfo gi = new GeometryInfo( ga );
Point3f[] myCoordArray = gi.getCoordinates();

The length of myCoordArray is 183,947 .

It’s strange that getCoordinates() and setCoordinates() of GeometryInfo are not a pair ?? Am I right?
Furthermore, how to update the coordinates (in .obj file, the “v” lines) in a Shape3D ?
I mean, if I loaded a .obj file, setCoordinates() will load 75,972 "v"s.
But, I would like to update these loaded coordinates with another 75,972 coordinates.
I thought I could make it just by another setCoordinates() of GeometryInfo, however, the loaded object displays wrongly.
Then, I tested why it’s wrong by getCoordinates().
I found, although the original setCoordinates() only affords 75,972 coordinates,
after loading the object, getCoordinates() informs 183,947 coordinates.

Where am I wrong? And How to update those coordinates?

Thanks very much.

Best Regards
JIA

I’m not trying to sound harsh, but you’ve been told time and time again that Java3D is dead technology. Nobody uses it, nobody supports it, nobody patches it. If you still decide to use Java3D, you’re pretty much on your own.

Sorry.

Hi, Riven:

Thanks for your reply!! Java3D is dead. What is alive?
I was told that JOGL is dead as well.
The only thing alive is JME ?

Any other suggestions? Many thanks.

Best Regards
JIA

JMonkeyEngine 2 & 3
Ardor3D
Xith3D Pretty similar to Java3D API wise
jPCT
JOGL2
LWJGL

Some people in the scientific community uses it.
There is no active development but bugfixes reported by the community can be checked in.