GARMIN Internatinal hiring Java / Android SW Engineers

Specifically hiring Android developers for our Nuvifone product line.

Develop software for GARMIN’s communication and navigation products in a team-oriented environment. Software applications range from server-side services interfacing with various data sources to advanced GUI presented on a variety of devices.

Essential Functions
•Develop software in Java, C, C++, or other selected languages for either embedded or application development to be used with GARMIN communication and navigation products
•Design, implement and test software written in Java (J2ME, J2EE, etc.) running on various platforms
•Test software using debuggers, emulators, simulators, and logic analyzers
•Perform software releases and software quality assurance activities
•Perform maintenance activities for products already in production in addition to new product software design

To see complete description and apply on-line, go to:

https://garmin.taleo.net/careersection/3/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100007B

GARMIN International is hiring a variety of positions including Software Engineers with either C++, Java and/or embedded Linux skills. Also hiring Project Managers, Carrier Certification Engineers and Handset Certification Engineers. Positions are all based in our Kansas City location, and will require relocation. Garmin does assist with relocation.

Kansas?!

No thanks.

What’s up with Kansas?

Cas :slight_smile:

This company is in Kansas.

Why is there a tech company in Kansas?

Maybe all the flat land gives better WiFi coverage.

Kansas is fine. Although, I am not sure how anyone could make money for them now that anyone can do GPS for the military and cars.

Poor GARMIN will soon find out what it is like to not be in the high subsidy arena. I would be a billionaire if I had the deal they had for 8 years.