Game starting help !

Its that Sorry for the fault

ange_black69: LWJGL is a great learning experience, but there are a LOT of things you´ll have to write before having something that even recembles a game. Since LWJGL is basically OpenGL there are no tools for loading texures or loading tile maps. This you´ll have to do by yourself.

LibGDX makes the setup easier. You already have tools for loading textures and support for .tmx tile map files. But the thing is that no library is gonna write the game for you. There are still lot´s and lot´s to learn about collision detection, collision response, physics, artificiall intelligence, pathfinding, etc.

So… To my point: It may sound harsh but put your idea on hold for now and start out with something easy. Come up with a really simple idea (Pong is a great clone to start out with) and make it a complete game. A start screen, a game screen, a win condition and a “You win” and “You lose” screen. It sounds easy, and perhaps boring, but that will give you knowledge about all the elements in a game. When you have done this you will know more about how easy or how hard your original idea will be to make.

Trust me on this: There is a reason everybody keeps repeating this mantra: “Start with something simple!”. :slight_smile:

I agree. I’m still working on my first game. It’s a breakout clone and has taught me quite a bit already. Pong seems a little too simple, but it wouldn’t hurt to start with that. Then, I would try a Pac-man or tetris clone probably.

Ok thank you axeman and bassex96 for the Quick answer , so for now i Try to create a simple game like pong to learn the basic of a game Logic, render etc… After i’ve finish that , i begin my original project , but there are lot of work before!
Just one question , should i use libdgx or slick2d ?
I’ve take a look into libGdx and it seems to be the better choice for me

Well I’ve got a longer… well… wait…

^^^
Haha

I would use LibGDX. Slick2d is no longer maintained and is buggy.

So libgdx is apparently the best choice ? …
Ok i Will Try , thank you ;D

I would say so. I love it so far.

Also, there is an appreciate button at the top of each post for when you get help, etc. :wink:

Ok i go my way with libgdx , but CAN i have just help for setting up a project with this lib
Should i use the automatic project setup , or just do this manually ?

The project setup tool is there to make your life easier. :slight_smile:

Ok , but if i wan only to develop a desktop game no android etc… ?

Follow the instructions in this thread:

Thank you !