fuzetsu

http://kaioa.com/jws/jnlp_na/fuzetsu.jnlp 3989 4025 4037 4073 bytes

Patterns arent final yet, but thats the game (basically).

Its a no button bullet hell game. You start to “fire” when you scrape bullets, the more bullets there are in your scraping radius and the closer they are the more bullets you start to emit. Score is directly proportional to the scraping. If you are close to the enemy alot of bullets will miss… so you can get more points out of that enemy :wink:

Screenies:
screenie 1
screenie 2
screenie 3
screenie 4
screenie 5
screenie 6
screenie 7

Screenie of the editor for those who care

edit: The speedup after the enemy died is intentionally (its for clearing the screen). You are also invulnerable during that time (indicated by that animation).

fixes:
-half transparent gray cursor rect on mac
Solution: clear it!

BufferedImage cursor=new BufferedImage(32,32,BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_ARGB);
cursor.setRGB(0,0,32,32,new int[1024],0,32);
setCursor(Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().createCustomCursor(cursor,new Point(0,0),""));

-leftover garbage in generated images on linux
Solution: fill it with black
-misaligned fonts on some systems
Solution: Well, do it the proper way and use FontMetrics :-X
-slighty cut off hull image on the mac
Solution: Use some padding :stuck_out_tongue:

wow amazing work, damn hard on the later barrages but damn addictive :slight_smile:

Great very original ^^

played smooth and nicely

Great !

… but on my mac (beware, the dreaded mac is back)… the mouse cursor is still visible and hides most of the contents of the player cicle…

I’m beginning to think Mac Os really hates 4k games…

Lilian

Retry… that issue should be (hopefully) fixed now.

Looks impressive, runs smoothly, but to be honest, I don’t get it :smiley:
Care to explain again what to do? I’m not entirely sure :smiley:

It took me about a half-hour to figure it out. The white “dot” in the center is you. If you touch a bullet, you lose a life. (The three blue balls at the top.) However, if the rim around your player (I think of it as a buzz saw) touches the bullets, you fire particles at the bad guy that reduce his life. When you lose your last life the bad guy will laugh at you and the game will start all over. Make sense? :slight_smile:

Ah, I see. Thanks :slight_smile:

EDIT: Wow, that is one truly awesome game. Best gameplay so far this year, I think (sorry, Markus). I love it! Only 270k on first try though - I’ll play it more later. Now though, I have to study :smiley:

EDIT2: No such errors for me (such as the one below). Mouse cursor is visible though, not sure if it’s meant to be that way? XP Pro, JRE 1.5.

a problem with the new version :

java.lang.ClassCastException
at apple.awt.StrategyBufferImage.(StrategyBufferImage.java:26)
at apple.awt.ContainerModel.createBuffers(ContainerModel.java:155)
at java.awt.Component$FlipBufferStrategy.createBuffers(Component.java:3111)
at java.awt.Component$FlipBufferStrategy.(Component.java:3080)
at java.awt.Component.createBufferStrategy(Component.java:2989)
at java.awt.Canvas.createBufferStrategy(Canvas.java:166)
at java.awt.Component.createBufferStrategy(Component.java:2921)
at java.awt.Canvas.createBufferStrategy(Canvas.java:141)
at W.(Unknown Source)
at W.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:848)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:808)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.continueLaunch(Launcher.java:682)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Launcher.java:397)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Launcher.java:199)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:167)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

no exeptions for me, but it shows some garbage arround the cursor image all the time. It seems to be a known problem with translucent images, i have had same problems in another game and didn’t manage to fix it :frowning:

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/3975/capt9lc.th.jpg

Welp, I beat it. Despite oNyx’s “recommendation”, just stay far away from the bad guy and scrape bullets in very open areas. As long as you don’t get too close, it isn’t hard to keep yourself alive. :slight_smile:

Final score: 364136 points. For some odd reason, the final bonus is a nice, round 33,333 points. (100,000/3?)

Updated. Hope it solves that issue…

Despite oNyx’s “recommendation”

Well, if you really want more points you have to work for it :wink:

edit: Yea well, its 33333*lives (so the number of digits remain the same cough)

Mouse is hidden now. Good :slight_smile:

Patterns updated (18 pattern in 16 combinations).

Cool idea. Its so tempting to get close and watch those tons of bullets fly out, but I know it will kill me! I think lots of good games have that balance though. I remember trying to run through the levels in super mario bros. really fast and dying over and over, but it was cool to go through the levels so fast.

very nice game !! :smiley:

524256 points I had all my lives left, when I got that extra bonus :wink: Then it somehow restarted ( at least I think it did :wink: )

Is it possible to manage more points?

562k on my last run. Since you get points for spawning bullets, you get more points if you are closer to the enemy (because more bullets will miss then). Well, its alot harder to do :wink:

Then it somehow restarted

“click to restart” :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I think I’ll use those remaining bytes to fix that font issue.

I’ve never seen anything like this before. 1st go I got wiped. 2nd was better until I got to the level where the bullets come from multiple sources. So simple, but so much variation in strategy per level. :slight_smile:

Oh, and I don’t know ‘fuzetsu’ & will have to look it up in a minute :slight_smile:

Alan

This game is great. very colourull and also needng some thought but also action at the same time :o

I never thought I’d see a no-button shooter, very cool, unique game! I didn’t get very far, I suck at shooter type of game… ;D