Fortress4K

A Fort Apocalypse inspired game:

http://www.ctrl-alt-dev.nl/Projects/Fortress4K/resources/Fortress4K/Fortress4K-ws.jnlp

Trapped in a underground fortress, 4 scientists are waiting to be rescued by you, the Armies most skilled helicopter pilot. If all the blockades, laser cannons and misile turrets are not enough, the swift rescue of the scientists is also hindered by the complex layout of the fortress itself, requiring impressive navigational skills. Fortunately you have your SX-4096 helicopter to aid you in your quest.

Rescue the 4 scientists scattered around the fortress.
Use the radar (bottom right) to find them.
The game is over when all your helicopters are lost.

Use W, S, A and D keys move the helicopter.
Use SPACE to fire the onboard cannon.

I hope you like it :wink:

Pretty cool! The game goes smoothly and is pretty fun. The firing direction is a little wonky, though… think you can make it dependent on the mouse position instead?

I like a lot of the concepts in this game. It has potential, but it also has a few problems. The maze is too large; the radar helps, but it should be easier to find the scientists. The helicopter is difficult to control in a maze. Why didn’t you make a tank or something. Also, it’s difficult to aim. How about letting me shoot in a straight line? Or, let me aim with the mouse. The enemies are cool and so are the force fields. The heat seeking missiles rock. Clever use of vector graphics instead of bitmaps. It’s difficult to shoot through those square obstacles. I keep smashing into them.