Fish4k

Why does it judder?

applet

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~gareth/Fish4k_ob.htm

pls pls pls get rid of the music! ::slight_smile:

Pefect game to play when you’re drunk :slight_smile:

Quite fun game… The music doesn’t stop when I close the tab (in FireFox) containing the game. This leads me to believe that you do not shut down properly if the user closes the applet, am I correct?

arghhhh… that song kept playing even after I closed that page :slight_smile:

hey thats actually pretty good, runs very smooth and although the music its that good, its really not that bad and its very good for a 4k game (first one i’ve actually seen with music), as for the game play its pretty good, but sometimes your just left waiting for a smaller fish which can get anonying but other than that its a pretty good game.

you sure ur not using the sound bank? (which isn’t allowed)

I see we have an Intellivison fan here. Great rendition of Shark! Shark! :slight_smile:

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “the music judders”? If you’re asking why it stutters, the answer is that it doesn’t. If you refresh the page, however, the Applet isn’t shut down correctly and continues to play the previous track. That leaves you with the same MIDI file playing, two, three, maybe even four times. (By then I assume that most people get frustrated and shut it down.) Your best bet is to redeploy the applet under Webstart, then add the ability to restart when you die. That won’t eliminate the problem, but it will hide it under restarts. The other option is to shut down the music in the “stop()” method.

Nahh, i first saw this type of game at:
http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/fishyclassic
i assume your refering to some old 8bit console :wink:

It does for me(on winxp/2000 jre 1.4/1.5), maybe you just cant tell, but without the music its alot smoother and faster.

It doesnt need a soundbank as it uses applet.AudioClip

i have updated it with a new version where the music stops when the stop() method is called.

rastsafratsanogoodlousykidsthesedayswiththeirshinyxboxesnoideawheretheyvebeenorwheretheyregoingmumblegrumblenoappreciationforhistorygrumble

Shark! Shark! (You can get the original here)

Intellivision

I suppose next you’re going to tell me that you’ve never heard of the Colecovision? :wink: