Finally got a webhost for my game! (VOTA)

After submitting the game this weekend my web host went down and has yet to come back up. Now I am paying for two web hosts until my old one comes back up so I can transfer the domain. :-\

Any way, here is the new webstart link, and I sent in a new submission with the new links.

http://72.52.134.4/~drslinky/files/vota4k.jnlp

Sound is variable, it just depends on your sound card (no sound banks necessary). Oddly enough, I have had better luck with alsa on linux than with vendor drivers in windows.

Sorry, I forgot to post the controls.

All you need to control this game is the mouse.

* Left Click: Selects a ship.
* Left Click: Sets waypoints for the selected ship.
* Right Click: Sets one waypoint and cancels all others for the selected ship. (for evasive manuvers :-)

I am still bug hunting on this game. Is anyone having sound problems. There should be a gunshot, an explosion, and music-ish playing.

And is this game too easy, I often find myself at level 18+.

I had some music but no other sound effects.

I had this problem once on windows. I solved it by updating the jre to (I think) update 11.

I just learned sound programming last weekend, but it seems that the midi sequencer should be the problem, not the sine wave generator through regular audio?

Is it possible for MIDI sequencing to be conflicting with the wav-type audio?

I updated the jar file on my site. I moved the score because I though javaws window was blocking it, but turns out that is only in linux and not on windows, so the windows version has the score blocked right now.

I also transfered all sounds to a single thread, and it seems to give a better sound, but the music cracks every now and then. If this doesn’t work I have some more thoughts.

Does anyone know the ethics of the 4k competition surrounding open sourcing the game. I would like to do that and write a short lay-mans tutorial on sound and music for the 4k if I can get it all working right together.

Oh, and I saw a blank spot on the wiki for kzip usage. Here is what I used on linux, should be mostly the same, just use kzip instead of kzip-static.

kzip-static /s0 /r VOTAk.jar V.class META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Thanks