Favicon

I think it would be beneficial for the users in here if we had a favicon on this site. Does not have to be remarkable or amazing, but something that would distinguish this tab from the other 42 many of us have open all the time. I even dare say none of us use single-tabbed browsing ::slight_smile:

When inside a forum topic the title may be “Dark Varde”, or any game title, and I know that I (for one) sometimes open up a link from that forum post that will have the exact same title! Also, being with my regular-to-small monitor it’s almost always hard to even see the title due to the amount of tabs. In chrome (I suspect more browsers to do this), the only visible thing is the favicon, once you reach 30 minuttes of browsing (or 42 tabs - same same).

May I suggest a pixelated little blue duke, like in the logo?

What do you think of this?

JGO had a favicon of the little red duke. No idea why it vanished.

Going to add it again…

There you go. It was lost in the hack, about half a year ago :slight_smile:

The current icon is simply a scaled image, so it’s a bit blurry and doesn’t have alpha. If pixel artists want to give it a shot, please do.

This looks really good, except for the alpha kind of missing. Do we really need an artist for that?

I am not an artist but here is my quick attempt at it

http://www.newrog.com/java/faviconBLUE.ico

http://www.newrog.com/java/faviconRED.ico

edit: did you change the code so now ico appears super huge? lol
I liked it better when they were tiny original size

That looks good enough! :smiley:

Oooh, edges look nasty :slight_smile: (see your tab)

what tab? The browser one?

I don’t even see the favicon that’s supposed existing to compare? Its still a white tab. Ive tried restarting browser, changing browsers, and clearing history/cache.
I will give it another shot later

Also, anyone is welcome to what I have there and try improving it a little more.

Oh, I am confused now. Are you using mine now? :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s yours, and the edges are very aliased. :emo:

That true actually. In my tab, I see the one non-alpha.

Reinstall windows to update favicon ;D

I like it :slight_smile:

yaaay it finally worked for me! sometimes these things take awhile to kick in.

Yeah I notice it now. Ill fix, clean it up, and improve it tomorrow at work.

This is what I imagine would be an accurate representation of us in real life: :persecutioncomplex: :point:

So… I changed the favicon back to the version without transparancy :-\

here ya go

Thanks!

I had to convert it to .ico and fix the transparancy, but it’s certainly looking great.