fast box blur algorithm

Dear all, with all respect, but I think this code does not work. I tried it on a 640x480 image (and 480x640). The result is not a blurred image.
//blur image in horizontal direction then vertical direction
horizontalBlur(radius, offsSreenBuffer, img);
verticalBlur(radius, img, offsSreenBuffer);

This seems also not be ok. Or am I wrong?

You’re a necromancer! I don’t know if this works or not, it is a pretty old thread.

… no it does not (IMHO). I spend at least an hour to find out … can this thread be deleted?

IMO it’s not always bad to necro a thread if you want to ask a question about something in context. OTOH, asking for it to be deleted, particularly when it’s your error is never OK! :point:

@malvers - your code there seems to be the wrong way around - horizontal blur from img to offscreen, vertical blur from offscreen to img!

Incidentally, the code I linked to above has moved a couple of times - it’s still in Praxis LIVE here if anyone wants it.

Dear all, with all respect, but I think this code does not work. I tried it on a 640x480 image (and 480x640). The result is not a blurred image.
//blur image in horizontal direction then vertical direction
horizontalBlur(radius, offsSreenBuffer, img);
verticalBlur(radius, img, offsSreenBuffer);

This seems also not be ok. Or am I wrong?

You’re a necromancer! I don’t know if this works or not, it is a pretty old thread.

… no it does not (IMHO). I spend at least an hour to find out … can this thread be deleted?

IMO it’s not always bad to necro a thread if you want to ask a question about something in context. OTOH, asking for it to be deleted, particularly when it’s your error is never OK! :point:

@malvers - your code there seems to be the wrong way around - horizontal blur from img to offscreen, vertical blur from offscreen to img!

Incidentally, the code I linked to above has moved a couple of times - it’s still in Praxis LIVE here if anyone wants it.