Fappy Bird DELETED

I deleted Fappy Bird.
I dont want to get in trouble.
From now on I only post my Games with my Sprites and so on.

Remove the sounds please…
And increase gravity! :open_mouth:

pls release as a jar

Lol you are aware that to fap means to masturbate? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also inb4 lawsuit :smiley:

#flappyjam entry? I’m working with mine, though it’s not a straight clone.

Should i remove this game ? I dont want to get in any troube :-\

This guy got crushed under his own success.
Dont worry about lawsuits, hes way to busy picking his life up.

I don’t understand this, how can you be crushed by the success of such a game.

Because people hate Flappy Bird because it’s “too hard” and glitchy. I’m sure the guy who made it never imagined a response to this game such as what happened, and he was pretty much crushed by all the negative reviews. I feel bad for the guy, people were just kind of dickish towards his game.

Just imagine what happens when you walk trough a poor country street with arms full of money.
His life would be a hell with all the new “friends” asking for help.

No… that is not entirely what happened.

Flappy Bird - The Truth is Revealed

This guy still creates games. He probably didn’t want to look bad in the public eye. I mean, Flappy Bird would still have been on the market because despite its frustration, it does a lot of things right in terms of gaming. Once the social aspect took off, there was no stopping Flappy Bird.

I just think the most ironic part is that this story depicts the whole game. He was about to reach 5 million downloads before getting struck in the face by a pipe…

Kudos. +1.

This seems to be a bit easier than the actual thing (mostly because I got over five on this version :wink: ) but it is still plenty fun. nice work

I think the actual game was literally removed from the app store for like ruining people’s lives or something…
Good job on the game, it looks pretty accurate :point:

Flappy Bird Fiasco

I won’t hijack this thread anymore… after this post. But, it sure is irritating to any new developer to get badgered into taking down any game. With all the bad reviews, disgruntled fans, and praise this game got. I get the feeling that the developer was not expecting this much popularity and was completely overwhelmed and consumed by it.

As for this game, nice job on capturing the feel of Flappy Bird. A fad that really never got to hit its peak :P…

I don’t think you will get into trouble for it but if for whatever reason it happens to take off, which being 100% honest it might if it somehow catches the attention of some website like rock paper shotgun and poof, off it goes.

Same rules apply, you are using exactly same graphics lol.

But being honest, fuck them. Who knows, you might make 30k a day for a week before getting caught :p.

If you don’t want to get in any trouble, don’t use copyrighted contents without the prior consent of copyright owners, don’t use any registered trademark without the prior consent of its owner, keep in mind that the absence of any mention about licensing doesn’t mean that a content is not copyrighted, respect the licensing terms and the author’s right. I’m fed up with some people encouraging other developers not to take into account the wish of any author to decide which rights she or he gives to others on her or his work(s). I think that some of you wouldn’t be very happy if someone else reused very large parts of source code without even respecting the paternity right, for example by claiming that it is not your code. It’s so easy to steal someone else creation(s), it’s harder to create original contents but you can still smartly and legally reuse some existing ones. Why not looking at opengameart.org or any similar website? Why not choosing another name and using graphics under free or free sharing license (Creative Commons)? Why not modifying the gameplay to make your game really unique? What is the interest of making a bare clone? You just want the fame and the money with only a very few efforts, don’t you?

Its not copyrighted, well, the tubes are (by nintendo)

Rename .exe to .jar and you can run it with Java.

Can you prove it? Have you checked whether Nintendo’s copyright has expired? Super Mario Brothers is scheduled to fall into the public domain in January 2082. Please, next time, make some verifications before claiming that I’m wrong. Have you really read and understood my previous post? Have you found any mention of a license in Flappy Bird?