FallDown

I’m in! I created a game called FallDown for the 4K… I’ve never done one before! It’s really a whole different animal than normal programming because you have to worry so much about space. I’m proud of what I did, though… I need to learn how to consolidate more! I looked at the wiki and I’ll see if I can’t squeeze out another game before March.
Here it is…
http://www.freewebs.com/xisreal/falldown.htm

Simple & clever design, I really like it. My score was 3576.

If you can get the size down, maybe spend some bytes on presentation. But I kinda like the old school look. :slight_smile:

Not bad. You need to find the bytes to make it so that the ball won’t jump up on top of blocks it should have already passed, and won’t fall through blocks that it isn’t quite all the way past. Other than that, gameplay is good. Would prefer it to not be fullscreen.

3048 my first time through.

Good job.

Nice game, I like it. The framerate is a bit slow, but still playable (does get a bit jumpy when you’re around 2000-3000 in score).

About the fullscreen…
I thought it added to the old-schooliness (Atari was not integrated into a Windows environment). I guess you’re right, though. I could do a lot better in a window. The fuillscreen was actually what pushed me up against the limit. I’ll keep the full-screen version up on my site for anyone who wants it, even though it will be over the limit. I’ll make the ball more solid-seeming, too.

New version! After looking at the wiki I decided my entry needed an update. I got rid of the fullscreen and changed some other stuff. Now, the code is smaller and the game is better than ever. The ball will not fall through blocks anymore. Also, I decided to give up a little bit of the old-schooliness and make the ball change colors based on what level you’re at. That way you don’t have to look in the corner.

awesome, nice challenge curve

The FallDown.jar is at full screen on my 1.5.0_10-b03 (I think it’s not the first version 'cause the ball changes its colour).
If you could apply some physics to the ball I think it would improve the game experience.

4711! First try :wink: