F-Zero 4K

http://meatfighter.com/j4k2009/fzero/

Neat! Has an odd feeling of driving a car like an FPS though.

Funky looking floor texture :slight_smile:

Kev

How to restart after having “failed” ???

Yeah, I got stumped on that too :-\

I can’t start the race! All the cars are lined up at the start, but when I press W I just can’t move, and the AI cars also don’t move.

(Mac OS X, Java 1.5)

[quote]I can’t start the race! All the cars are lined up at the start, but when I press W I just can’t move, and the AI cars also don’t move.

(Mac OS X, Java 1.5)
[/quote]
D = Accelerate

Not W!

Very slick looking, but the cars seems to go too slowly (especially for F-Zero), the turning is position-based rather than acceleration-based (or so it seems), and the healing things give you too little life relative to the amount you lose from minor bumps.

Wheres my booost ? Ive got F-Zero on N64…brilliant game! But im afraid your controls still have a fair way to go :S Keep at it though!

[quote]But im afraid your controls still have a fair way to go
[/quote]
Can you give me any suggestions?

Pretty slick, you seem to have got pretty much all of the gameplay of the original. :slight_smile:

Personally I think the controls are fine - it feels just like the snes version to me.

I thought the controls were fine too though I had this odd feeling when I was turning that I wasn’t travelling forward nearly as fast.

Cas :slight_smile:

I updated the version on my web page. I still don’t know how to update jars on java4k.com.

[quote]How to restart
[/quote]
The game now resets a few seconds after winning or losing the race.

[quote]the turning is position-based rather than acceleration-based (or so it seems)
[/quote]
Not true, but the visual forced-perspective used here may alter your perception of acceleration depending on your vehicle angle.