Extend or not?

The contest will close midnight January 31st, that gives us just 19 days from today.

In all previous competitions the submission period was 3 months, but I decided to go with 2 months this time around, as I did not want to drag it out if participation was lacking.

Already we have surpassed last years competition in number of submitted games, 11 games submitted in last year’s competition in the same time period (Dec 1st to Jan 12th), compared to 27 now.

So, the question is, do we want to extend the competition by 1 month, so 3 months in total? Or are we satisfied with the 2 month period?

Personally, I’ve been working on a couple of games, and it seems to drag out into eternity to finish :slight_smile: I wouldn’t mind having an extra month, just to be able to get more ideas and stuff. But I’ll bow to the wishes of the community :slight_smile:

Extend, most people seem to be just getting going! :slight_smile:

Kev

Pressure’s good. Maybe an extension of a week in which new games can’t be entered but people can fix last-minute bugs, but the reasons for shortening it in the first place seem sensible.

Also, “a couple of games”? Is that an implicit answer to my question a few threads down?

Perhaps we should leave due date as is… but shorten the period of the competition from annually to 6 monthly?

vote: extend!

I’ve yet to realy get started, and am currently stuck redecorating my room :-\

Why not extend? This has been a fantastic year so far (I feel sorry for the judges!) and I’m sure there’s more to come. I’ve a coupla ideas I’d like to try & 19 days is a bit short…

Let’s extend it. :smiley:

Ok, I think the general sentiment is that we should extend it.

I’ll announce it tomorrow.

Great! I’m going to give it a go as well :slight_smile:

Extend please, I still have ideas to implement this year!!

It’s been extended!

Oops, then MEG4kMAN might take a bit longer to finish. I was going on “crap, it’s getting close”-motivation. :wink:

[edit:]
Then again, I might finally get around to doing Bre4king the Tower…

My entry won’t be megaman quality, but its nevertheless fun :slight_smile: 1.8K so far, and playable. whee. Not very pleasing on the eye though… :-\

We probably should have extended the contest until March 1st 11:59 PM to give us an extra full weekend as opposed to just Saturday February 28th.

If I don’t see any objections to this idea, then it will be so.

[quote]If I don’t see any objections to this idea, then it will be so.
[/quote]
Any final ruling on this?

Yup. We will do this. Entire March 1st.

Thanks a lot, this extension is most welcome to try to finish my project !

So now the time limit would be March 1st 11:59 PM, however which GMT is it ? Sorry for the dumb question but it may change a few things for the planning of my coming week-end !

Can you update java4k.com with the time extension information? Thanks.

The rules on java4k.com have yet to be updated to reflect the extra day extension.