I released a beta version of eXo, the game I’ve been working on for the past time.
The year is 4096 and all hell just broke loose. Xenophobia got the upper hand, and now all races in the known galaxy are at war. Cruisers are cruising, lasers are blasting and aliens are screaming. There is no surrender, only extermination or victory!
- snappy action-oriented space strategy
- easy to control, easy to learn to play
- emergent, challenging AI
- many different sectors to conquer, from tiny to huge, offering many different challenges
- difficulty setting ranging from easy to extreme (a.k.a. impossible)
- friendly for your privacy & wallet: this app does not gather personal information and is 100% free (ad supported)
Some features I’m working on:
- auto-adjusting GUI layout for hi-res screens
- each empire gets its own star ship graphics
- tuning difficulty, adding help screens
It is based on a Java4K entry of mine called Galactic Conquest, and developed for Android & Windows (for now) using LibGDX. Graphics & sound effects are homebrew, music is a royalty free purchase.